Beckett Message Boards
What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c (/thread-1556781.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - span776 - 03-17-2014

Just had my first trade where I did not receive the cards in return. Person I traded says they were shipped. What is the proper ettiquitte on handling this situation here???

RE: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - bluefrozencanuck - 03-17-2014

Contact floydtown with all the details

RE: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - greg2424 - 03-17-2014

Before you contact Floydtown you should try to resolve it with the trader. Is it possible you need to wait longer? Have you asked the trader to return your cards or offer replacements? It is on each of you to ensure the other party gets their end so the other trader should be amicable to making it right. Only if you can't come to a resolution should you contact the mods.

RE: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - reagle beagle 37 - 03-18-2014

Call the authorities. Don't be ripped off and take it lightly. The police should solve it.

RE: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - jacobystealshome - 03-18-2014

(03-18-2014, 07:58 AM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Call the authorities. Don't be ripped off and take it lightly. The police should solve it.

you, as always, are ridiculous

RE: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - reagle beagle 37 - 03-18-2014

Seriously? Tell me this isn't theft and/or mail fraud. We were discussing it another thread yesterday. Clam face his

RE: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - crazyforkinsler5 - 03-18-2014

It might be mail fraud or theft.

But with no more details, how do we know it hasn't been 2-3 days since the trade was agreed on/shipped or there's been no communication between traders or something like that.

Some people (not in anyway saying OP) jump the gun on deals and want their stuff the next day. Others freak out after 4-5 days. It takes 7 days for things to go from my PO to anywhere because I live in such a small town (I mailed something the day after topps 1 came out to a town about 3 hours away and it took 6 days!!!). We just don't know.

Also, the OP didn't say anything about whether he had contacted the other trader, the other trader had contacted him, the other trader isn't responding, the other trader does/doesn't have DC#, he received his end or not and a few other things that would help point him in the right direction.

I hate guys that jump the gun with the mail fraud stuff. If this had been going on like 3-4 weeks, trader hasn't responded to PMs, emails, facebook posts, whatever, then yea, it's time to take the next step.

But you don't to the highest step to begin with.

(03-18-2014, 09:13 AM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Seriously? Tell me this isn't theft and/or mail fraud. We were discussing it another thread yesterday. Clam face his

RE: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - zeprock - 03-18-2014

I would check the trader's feedback and see if it is out of character for him/her not to send in an appropriate time frame. If he/she ships slow then it should appear in their feedback. If not give them the benefit of the doubt and allow a little extra time for the USPS. If your cards do arrive late, check the date on the postage stamp to see when it was mailed. It is not always the trader's fault but sometimes the USPS. If the other trader is not amicable and responding to messages then take it to the boards.

RE: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - paulkellyjr - 03-18-2014

I had a trade where the postal service lost my package to the other trader and it showed up 2-1/2 months later. It is not mail fraud if the postal service loses it.

Now, I did work out an alternate solution with the trader and we ended up with several more trades, but do not assume it is theft. Are we truly a guilty until proven innocent society?

RE: What to do if you do not receive cards in trade? c - jacobystealshome - 03-18-2014

(03-18-2014, 09:13 AM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Seriously? Tell me this isn't theft and/or mail fraud. We were discussing it another thread yesterday. Clam face his

seriously. it isnt the first step

he asked etiquette. etiquette doesnt mean going for a sledgehammer first

im all for kneecapping folks if the situation warrants it, but that aint the first tool out of my bag