Beckett Message Boards
2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? (/thread-1552631.html)

Pages: 1 2

2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - hckydv7 - 01-09-2014

Just wondering how many more collectors are mad that Titanium hockey is only available -- in the USA that is-- on Panini's website?

To me to announce this change about 1 week before release was dumb and has a lot of people-- collectors and dealers MAD.

RE: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - washjeff - 01-10-2014

I posted this on another site yesterday, but a quick trip to my LCS in Virginia and I found out he will be getting Titanium. He said this was possible because he's a roundtable dealer.

RE: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - pens1fan - 01-10-2014

I think Panini made a very bad move on this. I have posted my frustration and even tweeted to Chris Barr the Hockey Manager for Panini that this was a bad move. I understand that maybe presells where bad or for what ever reason they decided this. The thing is I support my LCS and only buy boxes from them, never buy online. I feel they are taking away from the little guys(LCS) and since it's only available in the US through their website they are taking out the profits my LCS would have made from the 8 box case I had preordered. Now I will not be buying any Titanium as I refuse to buy from their website at jacked up price.

RE: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - unrealface08724 - 01-10-2014

i will not buy anymore panini products ever again...i am absolutely disgusted with this company...this wasnt the nail in the coffin with me it has been dealing with their customer service and with the product of 13/14 dominion...i have never seen a company limit their customers like this on a product...i could of understood if they put an insert for canada customers to pull and make it limited or add a pack or 2 as bonus for them but this makes me want to facepalm the owner or whoever made this decision...

RE: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - hckydv7 - 01-10-2014

(01-10-2014, 09:21 AM)washjeff Wrote: I posted this on another site yesterday, but a quick trip to my LCS in Virginia and I found out he will be getting Titanium. He said this was possible because he's a roundtable dealer.

My LCS is also a roundtable dealer and he was informed-- on the day that the product released that he would not
(01-10-2014, 11:49 AM)pens1fan Wrote: I think Panini made a very bad move on this. I have posted my frustration and even tweeted to Chris Barr the Hockey Manager for Panini that this was a bad move. I understand that maybe presells where bad or for what ever reason they decided this. The thing is I support my LCS and only buy boxes from them, never buy online. I feel they are taking away from the little guys(LCS) and since it's only available in the US through their website they are taking out the profits my LCS would have made from the 8 box case I had preordered. Now I will not be buying any Titanium as I refuse to buy from their website at jacked up price.

+1
(01-10-2014, 11:49 AM)pens1fan Wrote: I think Panini made a very bad move on this. I have posted my frustration and even tweeted to Chris Barr the Hockey Manager for Panini that this was a bad move. I understand that maybe presells where bad or for what ever reason they decided this. The thing is I support my LCS and only buy boxes from them, never buy online. I feel they are taking away from the little guys(LCS) and since it's only available in the US through their website they are taking out the profits my LCS would have made from the 8 box case I had preordered. Now I will not be buying any Titanium as I refuse to buy from their website at jacked up price.

+1

RE: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - rjcj2017 - 01-14-2014

Plus, it's racist against Americans.

RE: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - ryan1984 - 01-15-2014

you guys aren't missing much. I am not impressed with the boxes I have seen opened but having said that, I still don't agree with the move.

RE: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - rippinwax - 01-15-2014

2 things guys...........

1.) They are saving you money, its not worth the price
2.) No different then when there are USA only releases. I have never gone on about not being able to buy US only realeases (there have been several in all sports). Dont sweat what you have no control over.........

RE: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - hckydv7 - 01-15-2014

My big gripe with it being a Canada only release is that they waited almost until release day to inform collectors of such.

RE: 2013-14 Titanium and USA buyers? - rippinwax - 01-16-2014

(01-15-2014, 09:07 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: My big gripe with it being a Canada only release is that they waited almost until release day to inform collectors of such.

This shocks you how from Panini? Its the same crew bouncing around from comapny to company thinking they are great. Its about camera time for these guys (Hackler). They are following the exact same mo they had at UD. Make a great product, then continue year after year to ruin it. I have 67 redemptions with them and I have asked several times to replace them (including passed away players) and I get the finger. I am now at the point where I just leave them in a box at home, rather than spending the time to enter them on the website. It comes down to the same darn thing, until I smarten up and stop buying their watered down, over priced cardboard, its my fault! No other business would survive with the lousy service and quite often biased service both they and UD give. I have not been able to enter a redemption on UD for 6 months, nobody there can figure out how to fix my log in troubles. Sick of it..............