Beckett Message Boards
Average shipping time from Australia - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Average shipping time from Australia (/thread-1550907.html)

Pages: 1 2

Average shipping time from Australia - JMarchand1981 - 12-11-2013

I got an easy one here.

Considering the time of year that it is right now how long should it take a package to arrive from Australia? I have only received a few packages from Australia in my life and I have never really noted how long it took.

I have placed my trading on hold until I receive this package and I am about 3 weeks or so into it. The guy that I traded with(It is not on this site) has stellar feedback and his communication has been A+ type of stuff. He said at the end of last week that he thinks it should be there right about this week.

To those with more AU shipping experience my question is the following: considering what time of year this is am I still within a "normal" timeframe to receive this package?? Again, I am NOT throwing this dude under the bus. He has feedback on two other sites that I frequent and he has been open throughout.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Average shipping time from Australia - rjcj2017 - 12-11-2013

Don't know about Australia, but one of mine took 22 days from Germany recently, if that helps — and that was before the holiday rush.

Keep us "posted," my good man.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

RE: Average shipping time from Australia - buckunteer - 12-11-2013

I've shipped to and received from Australia. In my experience it is generally longer to send there (2-3 weeks) than to receive from there (1.5-2 weeks). That said, I've had it take 3 weeks both directions, so you're still sitting on the edge of normalcy I'd say, particularly with the holidays.

RE: Average shipping time from Australia - classical_hero - 12-12-2013

Well the Christmas rush will always slow things down. It might take and extra week or so, but I am not too sure.

RE: Average shipping time from Australia - odditycards - 12-12-2013

I'm experiencing 3-6 weeks for delivery from USA->AUST....all depends on customs and local mail it seems.
2-wk difference in arrival from one part of country to next (mailed same day, same size).

Holiday time is a crap shoot for int'l mail...I hate it. I have so many Int'l buyers screaming at me "I know exactly how long it takes, and it's only 10-days!!...where's my item??"

It's been taking my local postoffice 6-10 days to even mail out the Int'l parcel!! They sit on it until they have the time to type in the customs information. Don't know on the other way around in receiving from AUST recently though...but 3-4 weeks is what I typically count on for INt'l packages.

RE: Average shipping time from Australia - taffster74 - 12-12-2013

Normally it is about two weeks, but given the christmas rush right now, it may take longer. But if you're three weeks into it... hmmmm... tricky one.

RE: Average shipping time from Australia - xavierty - 12-13-2013

hi mate it can take up to 5 weeks around xmas time but i would say 4 weeks ..........

RE: Average shipping time from Australia - taffster74 - 12-15-2013

xavierty, you finally made the immigration over to beckett!!!!

RE: Average shipping time from Australia - JMarchand1981 - 01-03-2014

I love the USPS. Trader sent his package on/around 11/18/13.TOday is 1/3/14.

This package was received TODAY. The trader and I had already worked out alternative arrangements figuring that the cards would note arrive.

I contacted the trader and we reversed our alternative arrangements. All I all, it was a positive situation except for the USPS, which isn't the other traders fault.

RE: Average shipping time from Australia - rjcj2017 - 01-03-2014

Time for some shrimp on the barbie to celebrate, LOL