Beckett Message Boards
Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread (/thread-1550123.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - cross4444 - 11-26-2013

I envy you if you aren't overwhelmed yet by all of the Black Friday teasers being tossed around. I'm not brave enough to fight the crowds, but on Black Friday I'm a man-on-a-mission from behind the keyboard. Bargains are my best friend!

Let's use this thread to share the best deals on cards we find leading up to and on Black Friday. Any advice from the Black Friday veterans is appreciated as well!

Here are my jumping off points (not much to see yet):

http://www.dacardworld.com/black-friday

http://www.blowoutcards.net/promos/2013blackfriday.html?utm_source=Black+Friday+Main+Banner+2013&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Weekend+Specials

http://www.steelcitycollectibles.com/black-friday/sports-cards/baseball

As you guys post links and leads, I'll update the list.

RE: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - jaredhuizenga - 11-26-2013

I'll be heading out to Target tonight (and probably tomorrow, as well) so I'll keep an eye out to see if there's any retail price cuts or if they bring some new/extra stuff in (particularly more discounted blasters).

RE: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - chasescardcave - 11-26-2013

I hate the crowds. I love the blowout cards deals and I will be heading to my LCS cuz I told them to hold 2 boxes of topps chrome football for me so I could get the Black Friday packs. Should be fun to rip!

RE: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - DrMitchJ - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 03:55 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'll be heading out to Target tonight (and probably tomorrow, as well) so I'll keep an eye out to see if there's any retail price cuts or if they bring some new/extra stuff in (particularly more discounted blasters).

According to my Target's Excel supplier, there's nothing slated for a Black Friday deal .. I asked, hoping for something ... she said that discounted blasters either show up or they don't. No real rhyme or reason. Each region is different and can be handled differently, too. Last year, IIRC, about 2 weeks before xmas, there were about 12 boxes of discounted blasters. Santa bought me about 6 of them. Smile

RE: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - RobbinsDynasty - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 05:18 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: According to my Target's Excel supplier, there's nothing slated for a Black Friday deal .. I asked, hoping for something ... she said that discounted blasters either show up or they don't. No real rhyme or reason. Each region is different and can be handled differently, too. Last year, IIRC, about 2 weeks before xmas, there were about 12 boxes of discounted blasters. Santa bought me about 6 of them. Smile

I will keep an eye out for you Dr. at the Targets by Coral Ridge & Saw Grass those are two locations that I know I will hit this Black Friday

RE: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - treswatson - 11-26-2013

I'll say this, be careful when looking at the black friday deals. I just plowed through a bunch of the Blowout Cards' listings and they are either about the same price or, in a few cases, a little more expensive than steel city's regular prices.

As always, do your value shopping if you're buying on-line.

RE: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - rentzington - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 05:49 PM)treswatson Wrote: I'll say this, be careful when looking at the black friday deals. I just plowed through a bunch of the Blowout Cards' listings and they are either about the same price or, in a few cases, a little more expensive than steel city's regular prices.

As always, do your value shopping if you're buying on-line.

Yeah some of blowouts stuff is good deals but a lot is just average or regular price elsewhere

Dac is doing a pre Black Friday for premiere customers right now that has some good prices. All less than blowouts

RE: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - treswatson - 11-26-2013

I got some awesome deals from dac when they did their preview a couple of weeks ago.

Got a Tribute WBC box for $80 and got an Abreu plus some very low numbered auto parallels. Also got a box of Gold Standard basketball for $120 and got a Kyrie Irving Auto relic (bv $250).

Was very happy with the results except for the continuous beating I take on Tier 1. At least I only payed $50 a box for them.

RE: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - rentzington - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 05:59 PM)treswatson Wrote: I got some awesome deals from dac when they did their preview a couple of weeks ago.

Got a Tribute WBC box for $80 and got an Abreu plus some very low numbered auto parallels. Also got a box of Gold Standard basketball for $120 and got a Kyrie Irving Auto relic (bv $250).

Was very happy with the results except for the continuous beating I take on Tier 1. At least I only payed $50 a box for them.

Yeah I missed on a lot of those....gave in and did the 59 tier one box for grins on this new deal

RE: Official "Black Friday 2013" Thread - cross4444 - 11-27-2013

I went the cheap route on DACW's BF teaser and got three rack pack boxes of 2012 Series 2 (Darvis RC's) and ten blasters of 2012-13 Prestige basketball. In total I got two relics and an auto from the 2012 Series 2 and a relic and an auto from the Prestige blasters, plus way more parallels, inserts and sets than I can handle. All in all I paid under $100 after a $5 coupon, so it was a good value.

I hope Blowout posts better deals than what they have up now. What they're showing didn't look too special. COMC should be good for singles if sellers actually discount their stuff at a reasonable price. I'm only marking mine down 30% because I've already undercut all the other sellers on COMC.