Beckett Message Boards
Ryan freaking Howard!! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Ryan freaking Howard!! (/thread-1549067.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ryan freaking Howard!! - snappyjoe75 - 11-10-2013

whats up all!! hope ur sunday is off to a great start. anyways wanted to share a little story with u. so i was at dave and busters here in kansas at the legends with my buddy watching some college football. well i went to use the restroom. well i come walking out and happen to see this guy next to me. wouldnt u know it, it was Ryan Howard. the funny thing is i did that double take where u look the first time and then u look again to make sure ur not seeing things, lol!! so i shook his hand and talked to him for a few minutes. asking about his injury in the NLCS from a couple years back and other things. then i happen to tell him that i have a trip auto of him, pujols and fielder all on the same card. he was like, "nice". he even went as far to see if i had the pic of the card i have. well he goes to the bar and we r across from him. i point him out to my buddy and we start talking about him. well needless to say, no one seems to recognize him at all. i was like, really. well i wanted this moment to last, lol, so i proceeded to walk over and ask for a pic. i was like hey i was wondering if i can take a quick pic. but i understand if u decline. u wanting to be alone. he was like yeah its cool. lets make it fast so no one recognizes me. i was like right on. well after i got done, i thanked him and i said good luck next year. after that experience, Ryan is a cool ***** dude!! he could have declined and been rude. but he wasnt. so here is the pic that i got with him.
[Image: ryanhowardphoto_zps1858623e.jpg]

RE: Ryan freaking Howard!! - Haze28 - 11-10-2013

That's awesome!!! Judging by the interviews I've seen of his he does seem like a cool guy.

RE: Ryan freaking Howard!! - snappyjoe75 - 11-10-2013

yeah he was laid back. and like i said, no one knew him. i'm just happy that i know alot more about baseball than some others there. and believe me, the place was crawling with teenagers!! lol

RE: Ryan freaking Howard!! - phillies816 - 11-10-2013

I've never heard a bad word about him off the field. Congrats. Reminds me of a story about him here in Philly. Long story short there was a wedding reception at a well known local restaurant here and the groom as a joke has place cards for Ryan Howard and a couple other Phillies and who comes walking in to eat...Ryan Howard. He and a friend were told about the placecard and he went in mingled with the people in the wedding and ate with them. He seems like a great guy.

RE: Ryan freaking Howard!! - jacobystealshome - 11-10-2013

my great aunt, who turned 80 this year, is a huge phillies fan, absolute diehard. if she met ryan howard, she might kneecap him :p

unless howard was with papelbon, then she would ask howard to hold papelbon down while she kicked him in the gibleys

RE: Ryan freaking Howard!! - rad_1205 - 11-10-2013

Brand new respect for Ryan Howard! That is an awesome story...

RE: Ryan freaking Howard!! - DrMitchJ - 11-10-2013

Great story! Glad to hear about a star player that's not an egotistical head case! Much respect to Mr. Howard

Hey, if you ever get a second chance to see him, ask him about his famous relatives, Moe, Curly and Shemp! Smile (N'yuk! N'yuk! N'yuk!)

RE: Ryan freaking Howard!! - homerjg007 - 11-10-2013

great story, that is what I get for staying in OP, I need to get out more!! Wonder why he was here

RE: Ryan freaking Howard!! - zeprock - 11-10-2013

Cool story. Ryan Howard, a giant among men.

RE: Ryan freaking Howard!! - michaelstepper - 11-10-2013

Awesome! You lucky dog. Always have liked Howard.