Beckett Message Boards
biggest industry pet peeves - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: biggest industry pet peeves (/thread-1541250.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - SGC300ier - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 04:53 PM)arrowsg30 Wrote: I have a lot listed for $245 with Buy It Now or Best Offer, expecting to get offers. But coming in at $50 isn't going to cut it. I wish more people had your method of bidding. I'm willing to sell for less, but there has to be some back and forth.

Yea, I assume if I offer $10 on something you want $20 for, I'm not going to get it, but I have before lol. I'm just waiting for a response of $12-$15, and I'll snag it.
(07-30-2013, 07:32 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: oh man! now that you mention it! people with a best offer option, and they never reply to it. they just let it time out.

I have a few offers out there right now, and getting no response at all. Really? Why do you even offer the option then lol. So annoying!

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - hckydv7 - 07-31-2013

(07-30-2013, 04:18 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I've found a new one. Best Offers on Ebay. If you have a BIN price of $19.99 or Best offer, if I shoot you a $10 offer, and that's not enough, send a counter offer. Obviously I'm interested and I'm willing to buy it, but I'm not willing to pay $19.99 lol

hate that also-- that is why I always respond.

Had one the other day the guy offered me .99 on a 19.99 listing so I countered 19.98. I do hate low ball offers but will give a fair counteroffer to any fair price.

If you do have Best Offer you should respond to all offers even if you decline.
My pet peeve--- I don't mind tape on the card holders so much, but don't tape the card holder shut AND then put it in a team bag. Kinda point less to me.

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - SGC300ier - 07-31-2013

Just as I complain about this, I sent an offer for $19.99 on a Lidstrom auto that I haven't been able to find and totally would have paid the $45 for it just to get it. The seller accepted Smile I guess it can be good to wait Smile

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - runfromabear - 07-31-2013

Haven't read this entire thread so perhaps this has already been mentioned but I hate sellers that have a best offer option on their cards and won't take a penny less for it. Seriously, I once made an offer for $44 dollars on a card that was listed at $45 and it was declined. Sure, you might ask why not just pay the full asking price....well I only had $44 available in my paypal. But I mean seriously... if you list the buy it now for $45 and you will only take $45 for it than don't put a best offer option on your card.

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - hockeynick1721 - 08-01-2013

It seems unrealistic BIN and non-negotiating best offers takes the cake.

I troll the bay every single day for Forsberg cards, so I know what his cards will sell for. I've offered realistic prices on these types of auctions before with no response once so ever. I just find it stupid.

I had a 1/1 Luke Schenn patch listed for $200 BIN with BO during the beginning of his rookie season. I kept getting offers around 40. So i kept lowering my price to 150, 100 and wasted a whole season doing that. Eventually, I ended up letting it go for $45 because that's what the market was for it.

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - greg2424 - 08-01-2013

I have several over-priced BIN cards in my watch list. They have been there for months, just getting re-listed continually. You have to wonder what the sellers are thinking. For example, one is a Gomez/Cammalleri patch #/50. I have sent numerous offers but the guy won't budge. When he first listed the card both were playing on the team, now both are gone and he refuses to adjust his pricing. I would even overpay for the card because it is numbered 24/50 but his price is outrageous. Drives me nuts.

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - Optimus_Prime - 08-01-2013

You want to talk about pet peeves? EBAY SELLER: jjanderson72 has 2 patch cards for sale. Over priced, wahtever. Unwilling to work with the price. Fine. I'm desperate and was going to fork out 100 bucks for 2 cards. so be it, I'm a sucker. I asked what his return policy was

'if you think you'll be returning the card, don't buy it.'

I'm livid right now. Like i'm supposed to trust his word on spending 100 dollars on a patch card? I just bought 3 other patches for 75 dollars and all 3 of them had frayed stitching on te logo of over 50%. He listed his cards as nr mints. I wish i had a LCS cause i'd gladly pay higher prices to avoid paying for this guy. The sad thing is i know he doesn't care still even after pointing out what a jerk he is in a very very nice way, I know there is nothing i can do and i'm just another blade in the lawn of life and if one goes away, it really doesn't matter. I can't stand poor customer service and it destroys me inside to know there is nothing that will affect this guy, mean while, me sticking to my principals i watch this /50 patch card go away and never be seen again thus making me hate myself even more for sticking to what i believe in and not being able to complete a set.

Even better: His response
If you want sugar coating, go buy from someone else, if you want truth, start to recognize. If you want lip service, call a 1 -800 number.

So i email him back
'If you're so cocky about the condition of your cards, than stand behind them and offer a return policy if i'm not happy with them. you and i both know people do not always list their cards in the actual condition they are in'

You know, I just realized i could buy them and always file a complaint if im not happy and get my money back anyway, but do i really want to deal with that headache....

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - anavrin78 - 08-01-2013

(07-30-2013, 08:44 PM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: Sticker auto's and over priced packs and boxes. It bugs me that my childhood hobby has become big business. It has ruined the hobby and chased away all the kids.

This is up there for me too. When I was little, my mom would go to the grocery and bring me back 3-4 packs of cards. Every time she went to the grocery store or stopped somewhere to get gas. Now instead of 4 bucks doing that will run you 12 to 20 bucks.

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - rczubaty - 08-03-2013

i agree about the BIN/best offer stuff for sure. communicate! negotiate!
the biggest peeve i have though that i think we can all stop is TAPED TOPLOADERS. dont get me wrong i have taped a few myself at times. I was literally going to make a thread about it when i saw this.i want to make a "no tape" pact with any traders who are willing to sign on.

RE: biggest industry pet peeves - hockeynick1721 - 08-03-2013

(08-03-2013, 02:12 PM)rczubaty Wrote: i agree about the BIN/best offer stuff for sure. communicate! negotiate!
the biggest peeve i have though that i think we can all stop is TAPED TOPLOADERS. dont get me wrong i have taped a few myself at times. I was literally going to make a thread about it when i saw this.i want to make a "no tape" pact with any traders who are willing to sign on.

I'm signing on. No tape, save cardholders! If tape is required use painters tape!