Beckett Message Boards
Need Opinions on whether to grade - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Need Opinions on whether to grade (/thread-1539999.html)

Pages: 1 2

Need Opinions on whether to grade - totally sports - 07-10-2013

So I have these and was wondering if they would be worth grading. Was thinking either SGC or PSA what do you guys think?
[Image: scan0061_zps2b555142.jpg]
[Image: scan0062_zps5b50eefc.jpg]
[Image: scan0063_zpsf7f0e120.jpg]
[Image: scan0064_zpsac81b161.jpg]
[Image: scan0065_zpsf9b4601d.jpg]

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade - Phillies_Joe - 07-10-2013

Don't know anything really about grading....but awesome cards. Love the baby faced Riggins!

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade - totally sports - 07-10-2013

(07-10-2013, 06:19 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Don't know anything really about grading....but awesome cards. Love the baby faced Riggins!
Thanks, yeah especially for the Bull he was running the ball.

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade - NY_baseball23 - 07-10-2013

cant say whether or not to grade the cards but if you ar to i suggest PSA, they are more reputable.

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade - kstjst - 07-10-2013

No sure if it's the scan or the cards themselves, but it looks like each one has imperfections that wouldn't really warrant spending the money on grading. Each one seems to have either centering issues, or edge, corner, and surface wear that I'm pretty sure would bring the grade down. Of course, I'm not a grader, and I'm just judging based upon what I see in the scans and from what I've seen in the past.

If you wanted to just keep them for your collection, I'd tell you "go for it" because they probably mean something to you or any other collector.

But if you are looking to try and get a good grade and resell them later, then I'd have to say, "not really worth the time and money." I don't think the grades you'd get would warrant the hassles of sending them in.

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade - pjpitbull - 07-10-2013

Riggins looks like Brad Pit lol.

Unles its the toploaders the cards seem to be dirty and have some where on them.
I would say the Murray in n best shape, but centering is pretty off

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade - totally sports - 07-10-2013

(07-10-2013, 07:48 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: Riggins looks like Brad Pit lol.

Unles its the toploaders the cards seem to be dirty and have some where on them.
I would say the Murray in n best shape, but centering is pretty off
Dirty is mainly my scanner and top loaders, the only real issue I see with the Murray is the centering the card is still really bright and the corners are quite sharp.

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade - nolan5000 - 07-10-2013

I would say: No, No, No, No and No.

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade - elberson - 07-10-2013

I say no, they wouldn't receive high grades

RE: Need Opinions on whether to grade - Haze28 - 07-11-2013

Are you keeping them or planning on selling? If you are keeping them the only reason I would grade them is to keep them from getting any more damage. I don't see any of them getting any better than a 6 from PSA.