Beckett Message Boards
COMC question ??? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: COMC question ??? (/thread-1537522.html)

Pages: 1 2

COMC question ??? - friedmana27 - 06-09-2013

1)is there a way to see if a dealer is reputable on COMC.com?
2)do you who use it suggest it?
3)how are the prices compared to ebay?
4) how do you earn store credit?

all help is greatly appreciated. thanks

RE: COMC question ??? - aktlingit - 06-09-2013

1. I don't know, but it's not really dealer specific. COMC gets all the cards, scans them, and even marks them with special info if they are creased so when you go to add them to your cart you are notified (or at least I've had that happen with a few).

2. Yeah I've had good luck with it and been happy with the prices, but I wasn't after hot prospects or big hits, was mostly picking up base cards of some guys in my PC.

3. I've seen a lot of good prices and a lot of bad prices. They do have a "make an offer" capability as well. One other thing related to the making offer, a lot of the sellers have items marked (unbeknownst to you) such that an offer of xx% of asking price will be automatically accepted. I've seen some advertise as low as 25% and others around 50%. Sometimes they post in the forums they are doing that, sometimes they don't. So if you're not happy with the price, you can always try to offer.

4. I believe store credit comes when ou sell your items and keep the funds on the site instead of asking for the payout. But I don't sell on COMC so not sure on that one.

RE: COMC question ??? - jrod7290 - 06-09-2013

(06-09-2013, 11:17 AM)friedmana27 Wrote: 1)is there a way to see if a dealer is reputable on COMC.com?
2)do you who use it suggest it?
3)how are the prices compared to ebay?
4) how do you earn store credit?

all help is greatly appreciated. thanks

1) Doesn't matter, if the card is listed, it is available. Check the scan and if you like it, you can buy it.

2) Absolutely! Great way to sell cards that you can't sell on ebay. I only list on Ebay when listings are free now. You can sell virtually any card, like seriously ANY CARD. I've sent in cards I've thought "no way someone wants this" and they have sold.

3) Pretty close. And you can always make an offer if someone has it for more than ebay.

4) You earn store credit by selling cards on the site. You can contact them for a $20 off coupon for your first submission of cards. Once you get cards listed and they sell you can use that credit to submit more cards or cash it out for a check or for blowout credit.

I would highly recommend comc. Being able to turn cards you don't want (and can't sell on ebay) into cash or blowout credit is awesome.

RE: COMC question ??? - toddaray - 06-09-2013

You also have to use store credit to buy. I think thier listings are also on amazon, where you would not have to use store credit, but it will cost a little more.

Depends on what you want to do on the site. I am not a seller, there, or anywhere. I am a buyer. As a buyer of base cards to fill sets and cheap Jeters in bulk comc works great for me. I probably got over half of my 2200+ Jeters from there. Mostly the ones in the 3-10 dollar range though. Comc is usually not my first stop when looking for high end Jeter cards over 40 or 50 but it has really helped fill holes and pad that number without breaking me.

As far as for set fillers, I also prefer comc simply because you can bring up the whole set in a search, in numerical order and just work down your list until everything is in your cart. I then go buy all of them and if I want to I can sit on them for 2 months and not ship until I complete another couple of sets.

Its really nice to be able to combine shipping over three months worth of purchases.

RE: COMC question ??? - saeholla - 06-09-2013

Can you send redemption cards to COMC? lol

RE: COMC question ??? - cross4444 - 06-09-2013

Just remember that you will at best only make money if the card sells for more than $.50.

Submissions cost .25/card, plus an additional $.25/card will be taken from the sales price. Then calculate that they will claim 20% of your money when you cash out if you choose not to use it on Blowout or COMC.

RE: COMC question ??? - friedmana27 - 06-09-2013

thanks guys thats a ton of help. im definitely going to make an account

RE: COMC question ??? - pacrimcollectibles - 06-09-2013

(06-09-2013, 01:41 PM)saeholla Wrote: Can you send redemption cards to COMC? lol

Yes you can as of this past week. Under a new program, COMC redeems the redemption and waits for the actual card. In the meantime the owner can sell it as if the card is there. If the manufacturer determines the redemption can't be fulfilled COMC will contact the owner with the options given for replacement.
(06-09-2013, 01:50 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Just remember that you will at best only make money if the card sells for more than $.50.

Submissions cost .25/card, plus an additional $.25/card will be taken from the sales price. Then calculate that they will claim 20% of your money when you cash out if you choose not to use it on Blowout or COMC.

That's not quite true. The extra 25 cents he mentions is charged to the buyer and has nothing to do with the seller's asking price. If you ask a dollar the buyer pays $1.25 and the seller gets $1.

RE: COMC question ??? - cross4444 - 06-09-2013

(06-09-2013, 10:55 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: Yes you can as of this past week. Under a new program, COMC redeems the redemption and waits for the actual card. In the meantime the owner can sell it as if the card is there. If the manufacturer determines the redemption can't be fulfilled COMC will contact the owner with the options given for replacement.

That's not quite true. The extra 25 cents he mentions is charged to the buyer and has nothing to do with the seller's asking price. If you ask a dollar the buyer pays $1.25 and the seller gets $1.

No matter how you word it it's the same thing. If the buyer purchase your card for $.50 then you just broke even.

RE: COMC question ??? - pacrimcollectibles - 06-10-2013

If you price a card at 50 cents the buyer pays 75 cents and you get the 50 cents you priced the card at. That quarter doesn't come out of your final sale value. You wanted 50 cents for that card and that's what you got for it.