Beckett Message Boards
'13 GQ streak ends..... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: '13 GQ streak ends..... (/thread-1534646.html)

Pages: 1 2

'13 GQ streak ends..... - Neifert - 04-30-2013

Been on a little bit of a hot streak. Until today, yikes this box was pretty brutal. Eveerything will be for trade. Here are some scans. Hit some nice minis but the rest of the box was not very good.

[Image: 20130430_225123_zps53141e8e.jpg]
Howard mini relic
Killebrew relic
Reyes 486/499
Another Frazier auto and Ramos

Mini Car box:
[Image: 20130430_225251_zpsca42456e.jpg]
Decent mini box

No Harper or Trout auto?? I was pretty bummed. Comments welcomed. If you want any of this let me know and ill add them in.

RE: '13 GQ streak ends..... - jaredhuizenga - 04-30-2013

Check out the 1, 2, 3 auction section of SportsLots and you might feel differently about that and any other Trout Glove Stories you've pulled. I've been watching that auction since it went live in late March and the number it's at now for that card is absolutely staggering.

Instead of buying cards on that website, I suggest all of those guys invest in the OPG for a month.

RE: '13 GQ streak ends..... - Neifert - 04-30-2013

I couldn't find it? Is it just a regular trout glove story card?

RE: '13 GQ streak ends..... - jaredhuizenga - 05-01-2013

Yep, in the auction section, not the singles section. The seller listed it as SP though.
I'd put the link up, but it might violate policy. Even if it is to a list of active auctions and not to one specifically.
Love the Killebrew by the way. I may just have to try to get that off of you.

RE: '13 GQ streak ends..... - DrMitchJ - 05-01-2013

All good things must come to an end. Sorry to hear that the streak is over Sad
The only bad thing about having a good luck streak is that you start to expect good things all the time ... And it's a real let down when you don't. But it's better than not having a good luck streak at all. And it's much better than a bad luck streak.
I don't think your box break was horrible, just not what you are used to.
Mattingly green mini, Trout and Harper mini var, Todd Frazier auto ... All good stuff. I couldn't see who was on the other auto or the relic cards, but not too bad! Just not a box that elicits a "fist pump" reflex Smile
Let you wife buy your next box ... She's the one that started your good luck streak! Maybe that'll kick start it all over again?

RE: '13 GQ streak ends..... - rentzington - 05-01-2013

Hey that looks like the majority of my GQ box breaks!
I finally gave up and started trading for the cards I needed for my set.

At least you got a mini relic thats are nicer than the regular card relic's

RE: '13 GQ streak ends..... - LonghornMike311 - 05-01-2013

That's just the card God's telling you to send some Mojo my way.. haha. jk. A positive though: I bet since you were on such a streak it was heart pounding opening each pack! That's what the Hobby is all about.

RE: '13 GQ streak ends..... - Neifert - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 12:04 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Yep, in the auction section, not the singles section. The seller listed it as SP though.
I'd put the link up, but it might violate policy. Even if it is to a list of active auctions and not to one specifically.
Love the Killebrew by the way. I may just have to try to get that off of you.

Killebrew is FT, just send something over.
(05-01-2013, 07:09 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: All good things must come to an end. Sorry to hear that the streak is over Sad
The only bad thing about having a good luck streak is that you start to expect good things all the time ... And it's a real let down when you don't. But it's better than not having a good luck streak at all. And it's much better than a bad luck streak.
I don't think your box break was horrible, just not what you are used to.
Mattingly green mini, Trout and Harper mini var, Todd Frazier auto ... All good stuff. I couldn't see who was on the other auto or the relic cards, but not too bad! Just not a box that elicits a "fist pump" reflex Smile
Let you wife buy your next box ... She's the one that started your good luck streak! Maybe that'll kick start it all over again?

It was bound to happen. I'd like to get a huge hit every time but realize that it's not going to happen most times. It wasn't horrible i think i got a little over half back in the $10 cards. Sad thing is i only hit 1 card for my set i needed. Mattingly can be yours if you collect the minis. The other auto was A.J. Ramos?? He's a Marlin so any other club he's probably a minor league player.

I told her she should of bought it and her response was "maybe you should stop buying so many cards!!" ha, so might be time to slow down the buying........nah
(05-01-2013, 07:28 AM)rentzington Wrote: Hey that looks like the majority of my GQ box breaks!
I finally gave up and started trading for the cards I needed for my set.

At least you got a mini relic thats are nicer than the regular card relic's

Howard?? You collect him? I'll trade it to you......
(05-01-2013, 07:44 AM)LonghornMike311 Wrote: That's just the card God's telling you to send some Mojo my way.. haha. jk. A positive though: I bet since you were on such a streak it was heart pounding opening each pack! That's what the Hobby is all about.

It was a little weird i hit the 2 relics first 2 packs. The next pack i pulled the Reyes blue framed card I thought this is some kind of hot box hahaha. I was sadly mistaken because the next pack had the AJ Ramos auto then nothing until the Frazier auto with about 3 packs left by then i had lost interest. I expected to pull a SSP or something but sadly i didn't. I get excited to open any and all packs makes me feel like a kid again.

RE: '13 GQ streak ends..... - petesahuttt - 05-01-2013

If the Mattingly is still FT I could use that one for my set.

RE: '13 GQ streak ends..... - phillies816 - 05-01-2013

Please check me for the Howard GU and Hamels Black Mini