Beckett Message Boards
Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? (/thread-1533376.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - benner73 - 04-15-2013

So I amassed a boat load of card from 1982-1999. Have about 65K in 3200 count boxes. I'm at the point in my life where I just want to get rid of most of them. I'm continplating just asking who people collect and mailing them out to people for free, only asking they pay for shipping. Does anyone else feel like this? What do you do to get rid of them besides throwing them away (which I just can't bring myself to do). I've been trading for awhile now but still have loads of commons and semi-stars I just don't want anymore. I'm pretty much set on the 80 or so players I collect right now. I only add about 5 players per year more to collect. Hell, I'm willing to give up plenty in a trade if you want stuff that I don't or sell extremely cheap. Please look through my collection and see if there is anything you might need for a set or player collection. All my stuff in in alphabetical order so pulling by player name is really easy for me. I am willing to deal. I need to make a big dent in getting rid of some boxes so I can arrange my office space better.

RE: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - rascrush - 04-15-2013

do u have any players in my sig if so we can prob work something out

RE: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - rmpaq5 - 04-15-2013

Going by the years you state I may finally be able to knock off some annoying sets with a few holes in them. Will give your org a look later tonight.

RE: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - tate31nym - 04-15-2013

shot you an offer. you have a nice handful of Piazza I could use, and quite a few more of my more common PCs... be interested in trying for some!

RE: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - jpesky6 - 04-15-2013

I'd be interested in your Red Sox cards!

RE: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - JRMdawg311 - 04-15-2013

I'm in the same boat with you. At some point I'm going to have to the same thing with my 3200 ct boxes. I'd be interested in them if you were to break them up into team lots. I also noticed some Will Clark's I could use.

RE: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - dougnash - 04-15-2013

(04-15-2013, 01:47 PM)benner73 Wrote: So I amassed a boat load of card from 1982-1999. Have about 65K in 3200 count boxes.

At my peak (last year) I had around 120,000 cards from 1977-1993 and 2002-2012. I was going to donate or pitch all the commons when I realized that if my son or nephew decided to collect or became interested in baseball when they got older, I would have to tell them that I gave all my cards away and I didn't want to tell them that, even in a hypothetical situation. So I took about 4 months and went through every card and pulled aside hall of famers, significant players/cards (Expos, cool names, etc), Red Sox, and Yankees. I donated everything else. I was able to consolidate everything down to 4 monster boxes + my better stuff, donated the rest, and am very happy with the results.

Doug

RE: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - dpatera - 04-15-2013

I'm in a similar boat. I probably have the same volume of cards, but not nearly as organized right now. I haven't had much luck finding anything to do with them over the years. Every once in a while, I'll find someone who will take a 500 card team lot, but those are pretty rare.

RE: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - muz0 - 04-15-2013

Im considering building the sets for 82,83,84,86 and 87 (the 87s i have are in rough shape) im sure the time and shipping would be $$$ unless you lived in NJ lol

RE: Anyone else have so many cards you are tired of most of them? - frozenace3356 - 04-15-2013

pm sent benner73