Beckett Message Boards
OT - Ebay Offers - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: OT - Ebay Offers (/thread-1530027.html)

OT - Ebay Offers - evanturner12 - 03-10-2013

It seems like so often when I put in an offer I have to wait the full 48 hours and they just reject it anyways. If they see the offer and don't like it, why can't they just reject it right away?

I've lost so many cards this way. They don't counter, don't let me counter and just take someone else's offer.

I just felt like venting.

RE: OT - Ebay Offers - jacobystealshome - 03-10-2013

at 48 hours, its autorejected

RE: OT - Ebay Offers - evanturner12 - 03-10-2013

Ya I know. They return my emails, but just wait for ebay to reject it.

I make an offer on $19 on a $19.99 card and the dude rejected. I don't get why they have the make offer button why they don't take offers.

(03-10-2013, 07:33 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: at 48 hours, its autorejected

RE: OT - Ebay Offers - SHowley2003 - 03-10-2013

(03-10-2013, 07:56 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: Ya I know. They return my emails, but just wait for ebay to reject it.

I make an offer on $19 on a $19.99 card and the dude rejected. I don't get why they have the make offer button why they don't take offers.

+1 on that. Many times I make an offer at what I think is fair value and understand if it is not accepted. However, I also make many offes that are very much within the ballpark and it gets out right rejected. Why even take the extra step to offer if you are unwilling to negotiate? And frankly I may be willing to pay a premium on select PC cards, though if a Best Offer is available and I feel not respected I will refuse to buy the card on most occasions.

RE: OT - Ebay Offers - briankort - 03-10-2013

I sell stuff using best offer alot. If I just listed it I don't want to take the offer right away because someone else might be willing to pay more or even my BIN price. So I will let your offer sit until just before it expires. If someone else comes in with an offer I then have leverage with the first offer and can send out a counter telling him I have been offered more by some one else and see if he wants to offer me more than that person. If your not willing to pay more then I will either accept the second counter or wait for another offer or BIN.

ALL sellers want to make as much as they can. We aren't there to make buyers happy and get them good deals. Sometimes it happens, but not most of the time.

I will say that if I was selling something for $19.99 and you offered me $19 I would probably take it. But that seems a little weird to offer $.99 less than the BIN. I can see an offer of $17 or $15 but why $19. If you really wanted the card $.99 shouldn't make or break the deal.

There are also sellers that think they have "gold" for sale and they won't really negotiate much. If they ask $100 they might take $90 and above and if you offer $75 or less they might automatically reject you. Sellers can set limits for auto accept and reject. I usually set up my auto reject so I don't have to waste time considering ridiculous or low ball offers.

RE: OT - Ebay Offers - evanturner12 - 03-10-2013

$19 was my third and final offer, so I wasn't going to go the extra buck.

(03-10-2013, 08:30 PM)briankort Wrote: I sell stuff using best offer alot. If I just listed it I don't want to take the offer right away because someone else might be willing to pay more or even my BIN price. So I will let your offer sit until just before it expires. If someone else comes in with an offer I then have leverage with the first offer and can send out a counter telling him I have been offered more by some one else and see if he wants to offer me more than that person. If your not willing to pay more then I will either accept the second counter or wait for another offer or BIN.

ALL sellers want to make as much as they can. We aren't there to make buyers happy and get them good deals. Sometimes it happens, but not most of the time.

I will say that if I was selling something for $19.99 and you offered me $19 I would probably take it. But that seems a little weird to offer $.99 less than the BIN. I can see an offer of $17 or $15 but why $19. If you really wanted the card $.99 shouldn't make or break the deal.

There are also sellers that think they have "gold" for sale and they won't really negotiate much. If they ask $100 they might take $90 and above and if you offer $75 or less they might automatically reject you. Sellers can set limits for auto accept and reject. I usually set up my auto reject so I don't have to waste time considering ridiculous or low ball offers.

RE: OT - Ebay Offers - djohn - 03-11-2013

(03-10-2013, 08:30 PM)briankort Wrote: I sell stuff using best offer alot. If I just listed it I don't want to take the offer right away because someone else might be willing to pay more or even my BIN price. So I will let your offer sit until just before it expires. If someone else comes in with an offer I then have leverage with the first offer and can send out a counter telling him I have been offered more by some one else and see if he wants to offer me more than that person. If your not willing to pay more then I will either accept the second counter or wait for another offer or BIN.

I totally agree with that. However the fact that he turned the $19 offer down is probably because he figured if you were willing to pay $19 then why not just pay the $19.99. So he may have just figured that you would buy it outright instead, which is a bit greedy on the sellers part, but again he can sell for whatever he wants. Just keep watching the item and if it doesn't sell and he relists the card maybe he will start the listing at $19 the next time around.