Beckett Message Boards
wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... (/thread-1529741.html)

Pages: 1 2

wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - auntjamymahhhh - 03-08-2013

hey i have been looking alot at the new Topps Supreme and have noticed a couple things that have kind of aggrivated me. I'm going to post a couple pics of cards that i have seen and just want your opinion on them, these arent my cards but have just seen them listed on the bay. What gets to me is that with the Doug Martin 1/1 NFL shield is that its the old version of the shield, Ive seen this with the Martin 1/1 shield from Inception as well. Panini uses the correct shields for the rookies but it seems like Topps doesnt get that they arent the right ones. With the Lamichael James, its the Reebok logo and not the Nike logo like it should be with the rookies from this year with the change in jerseys, im fine with the older players having the older Reebok logos and the old NFL shields, but with the new rookies it kind of upsets me. How pissed off do you think Nike would be if THEY found out that these card companies are putting the new rookies in REEBOK jerseys and having them wear them at the premier instead of the new Nike jerseys that im sure they forked out a pretty penny to be the making these jerseys for the NFL? My brother contacted Topps today about this and the person he spoke with didnt know how to explain it, and had him email him photos of these two cards, and said he would be in contact with him, so we will see what he says. Just wanting you opinion on this and if it upsets you as much as it has me. Thanks and cant wait to hear your opinions!!

[Image: T2eC16JHJHQE9nzEyOzlBROobvm60_3_zps6b6da772.jpg]

[Image: T2eC16JHJGE9nm3pmNNBRM8GdZFQ60_57_zpsb0cba440.jpg]

RE: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - nineof - 03-08-2013

Just more evidence that jersey cards have become or should be less valued...

RE: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - superynaldo - 03-08-2013

(03-08-2013, 07:31 AM)nineof Wrote: Just more evidence that jersey cards have become or should be less valued...

exactly... "event worn" cards are total garbage if you ask me... Its just getting worse and worse with them putting old patches in new cards... shady as hell if you want my opinion...

RE: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - gjhobbs - 03-08-2013

The simple response would most likely be "well James tried on the jersey for 5 mins", and therefore he was player worn.

Shady as hell, but what can we do?

RE: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - joe callahan13 - 03-08-2013

Personally, I don't care. The fact that some guy wore it isn't the attraction for me. I dig them because of the rarity of the card itself and what it represents. Whether Doug Martin (or whoever) actually wore the jersey that was cut from, honestly I couldn't care less.

RE: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - nthnoak - 03-08-2013

Another reason why I dont waste my money on rc year patches since its all garbage from the premiere. I want game used stuff! Not this crap they have the player wear for 2 seconds. When will card companies figure this crap out!? Ugggggghhhhhh

RE: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - butterworth1326 - 03-09-2013

Nice research! However, iv been in the hobby my whole life, (22 years), and not 1 second have I ever bought the idea of "event worn" or "game used" memorabilia patches. I love the hobby to death and love my jersey and patch cards, but come on..I don't think they are real

RE: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - auntjamymahhhh - 03-11-2013

thanks for the responses guys! it really is rather annoying and even more annoying from what topps sent as a reply back to my brother for these. the first response is from him asking about the lamichael and martin and the second is a question he had about another patch we saw from 2012 Topps Strata of Alshon Jeffrey with the patch being a "2", which alshon doesnt have a 2 in his jersey at all. We also contacted Panini about this because i had some questions about some Brock Osweiler patches from 2012 Limited. Ive seen probably 5 or 6 patches of him with patches of "8"s, which is jersey number is 6. Panini said that the players wear "88" jerseys at the premier, which makes no sense at all, being that the are in "00" jerseys. Really makes no sense to me the answers we have been getting...

[Image: 433dee2b-049d-4308-84f2-6c5d93b28bae_zps91106072.jpg]

[Image: photo1_zpsce4975d0.png]

RE: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - melcmd - 03-11-2013

I think we are all a bit naive to believe most patches are what the companies claim they are. Do we really believe that they won't use every piece of fabric they can from a jersey in multiple years or for different players on the same team??? I got this today in the mail from Topps. I'm not sure what number this is for Osweiler. Cool looking patch, though.

[Image: 12BrockOsweilerStrata031055.jpg]

Can anyone say, "Event worn?"

RE: wanting some opinions on some cards ive seen... - nthnoak - 03-11-2013

We cant see your attachments matt, even though ive already seen them lol. It really is a fat load of crap what these card companies are doing to us. "here is a sweet patch that alshon jeffrey wore although its actually off a matt forte jersey because we suck and ran out of jeffrey jerseys even though we make them wear 900 jerseys at one time. enjoy your truly authentic player worn material authenticated by panini america!"