Beckett Message Boards
US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades (/thread-1527161.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - themouth247 - 02-13-2013

About two weeks ago the base cost of myself and other people from the States shipping to Canada and abroad went from about $2.50 to 7 bucks.

Of course its outrageous to have an increase of that amount all in one shot, but for the most part for years, I always thought the postal rates here were pretty fair. But now $7.50 for most trades to Canada isn't doaable in most cases.

Now it has effected my trading. I have to make the hard decision not to trade with my Canadian friends unless the trades contain a significant dollar amount to make it worth my while.

Frankly this sucks.

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - bruinsfan08 - 02-13-2013

I'm still doing it, as awful as it is cost-wise, simply because the post office can't kill my hobby. I've made more trades in this past week than I have in the months since Christmas, but wow is it going to hurt, haha. I won't be doing anymore low-end trades, hoping to keep it to $20+ deals, just because of the cost, but I'm not going to let it completely end my trading. But that said, I agree, it sucks.

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - runfromabear - 02-13-2013

(02-13-2013, 09:51 AM)themouth247 Wrote: About two weeks ago the base cost of myself and other people from the States shipping to Canada and abroad went from about $2.50 to 7 bucks.

Of course its outrageous to have an increase of that amount all in one shot, but for the most part for years, I always thought the postal rates here were pretty fair. But now $7.50 for most trades to Canada isn't doaable in most cases.

Now it has effected my trading. I have to make the hard decision not to trade with my Canadian friends unless the trades contain a significant dollar amount to make it worth my while.

Frankly this sucks.

I sent you an offer a couple of days ago if you are interested in trading at all I do have a box in the states that I could have you mail it to.

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - pens1fan - 02-13-2013

I just sent a trade out to Germany and it cost me $12.75 for a 4oz bubble mailer. I'll still do trades international but they will have to be >$100 to make it worth while.

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - wickabee - 02-13-2013

I sent a package to Germany not long ago and it was about $4.
I sent a comparably sized package to Newfoundland (BC here) and it cost almost $15.

Can someone explain that to me?

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - franklinx - 02-13-2013

I just sent a package from SC. U.S.A., to Randi in Canada. Cost me $2.45. Its how they process the package I guess. I am kinda lucky, I knew the dude at the post office. Maybe ask more questions when your at the counter. randi received his package in 2 weeks. His got to me in 4 days.
~cheerz~
Fx

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - mackinnon2 - 02-13-2013

My friend, you speak volumes here. Another thing is the added money it now costs me as a Canadian to buy items off E bay from U.S. sellers. The postal rates are outrageous.
John Mac Kinnon

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - rayeates - 02-13-2013

I agree that this sucks for you guys, and I think that it's because the postal workers have been "trained" to get the most out of you. As Frank said, he paid less than $3 for the package and it arrived faster than some trades before it. Ask questions, guys.

Here in Canada you can go to the drug store and send out mail at the postal outlet. I don't know if you have them down there, but if you do I suggest them. The workers are paid by the store instead of the USPS, so they don't try to dupe you into spending more. I have gone to both the PO and the outlet, and have always found that the workers at the outlets will check to see if there is a lower price. At the PO you have to almost fight with the worker to get different rates.

With that being said... I would hate to lose out on continuing trading with the brilliant members south-of-the-border, so I am offering a $5.00 BV slide to my trading partners in the States. I get $20 in total trade value, you get $25 in total trade value. I hope that this will deter some of you guys from NOT trading with me... Hehe! Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - cards2trade - 02-13-2013

I AGREE WITH RANDI.

SHOPPERS DRUG MART OUTLET MUCH CHEAPER THAN CANADA POST. AND THE ENVELOPES ALWAYS SEAM TO FIT THROUGH THE LETTER MAIL GUIDE SLOT MUCH EASIER. JUST A QUESTION FOR MY AMERICAN FRIENDS. IF YOU PUT A SINGLE CARD IN A TOPLOADER AND PLACED IT IN A GREETING CARD AND REGULAR ENVELOPE, WOULD IT STILL COST $7.00? I WOULD ASSUME THAT THE CARD WOULD STILL BE WELL ENOUGH PROTECTED....JUST A THOUGHT.......

(02-13-2013, 03:25 PM)rayeates Wrote: I agree that this sucks for you guys, and I think that it's because the postal workers have been "trained" to get the most out of you. As Frank said, he paid less than $3 for the package and it arrived faster than some trades before it. Ask questions, guys.

Here in Canada you can go to the drug store and send out mail at the postal outlet. I don't know if you have them down there, but if you do I suggest them. The workers are paid by the store instead of the USPS, so they don't try to dupe you into spending more. I have gone to both the PO and the outlet, and have always found that the workers at the outlets will check to see if there is a lower price. At the PO you have to almost fight with the worker to get different rates.

With that being said... I would hate to lose out on continuing trading with the brilliant members south-of-the-border, so I am offering a $5.00 BV slide to my trading partners in the States. I get $20 in total trade value, you get $25 in total trade value. I hope that this will deter some of you guys from NOT trading with me... Hehe! Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

RE: US Mail Rates To Canada/ International Killing trades - franklinx - 02-13-2013

Randi- In the states its about double if you go anywhere except the post office. What cost's you $2.30 could cost you over $4, if you hit the "fast post" outlets, we dont have the "shoppers drug mart" type of outlets... *sux*
Mack.... Would like to hear more about this extra expense to buy off US. E-bay sellers...?...