Beckett Message Boards
How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? (/thread-1526908.html)

Pages: 1 2

How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - creativemunky - 02-10-2013

After the new accusation, I have to ask that question.

I got into Rodriguez a lil late and currently have 3 autograph cards (1994 Classic Gold, 1995 Upper Deck Blow Up 5x7, and a 2000 Rookie Reprint Blow Up of the 94 SP rookie) and 2 high end rookies (Leaf Limited and now a SP Die Cut).
Sooooo.......am I looking at Barry Bonds, Sosa and McGwire drops here?

RE: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - reagle beagle 37 - 02-10-2013

If these new allegations prove to be true, I think so. Sadly, I'm in the same situation.

RE: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - michaelstepper - 02-10-2013

Hopefully enough I can pick up a sweet spot auto without feeling I overpaid.

RE: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - uvaspina - 02-10-2013

For your sake, I hope I'm wrong, but I think he's in Sosa territory. If he's able to play again--and set the HR record--it might level off.

The funny thing about A-Rod is he could've just been himself and would've been better than Jeter. Instead, he bowed to the money, glory, and image (and Jeter) and did himself in. He didn't need the home run record to be an all-time great. He would've gotten 3,000 hits and 500 HRs easy. Boggles the mind.

RE: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - phreakyq - 02-10-2013

im sure it will go down some, but not 0 value. look at the current prices of Bonds & Big Mac cards.

RE: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - djohn - 02-10-2013

If the allegations hold true, then he will have drops similar to Bonds & McGwire. However, it will really depend on how much info about him and PEDs comes out and how severe his use is shown to be. It will also depend greatly on if he can ever return to playing at a superstar level (since he has definitely fallen off the past few years).

RE: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - griffey man 1 - 02-11-2013

i thnk the appeal will go down, which might actually help his collectors. but i look at bonds and macs and they are still worth more then griffeys in most insert sets. i still dont know how griffey isnt the highes book value in most of the 90 sets

RE: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - jacobystealshome - 02-11-2013

unless he gets suspended, value will remain stagnant.

RE: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - joba the clark - 02-11-2013

Over the past year or so his stuff has slowly started to drop in price on ebay, not in beckett. I would expect to see a substantial drop in his cards regardless of the allegations because he is not going to play this year and he has been declining over the past couple years. However if he comes back next season and tears up the league like he used to (longshot) then I would expect his stuff to have huge gains. Everybody loves a comeback story but with Alex I just don't know if its possible.

RE: How far will Alex Rodriguez cards plummet? - swjrp10 - 02-11-2013

For both the auto sets im working on and my yankees pc (which currently has no arods) i hope it drops even more! Tongue