Beckett Message Boards
how much for a box of prizm - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+---- Thread: how much for a box of prizm (/thread-1526039.html)

how much for a box of prizm - kstjst - 02-03-2013

i know we shouldn't be discussing pricing, but can anyone tell me about how much a box of football prizm is going for at your lcs? hobby only please.

RE: how much for a box of prizm - vinnie900 - 02-03-2013

mine was selling them for $130 but my lcs usually rips people off because there are not many lcs around my area...hope this helps

RE: how much for a box of prizm - uwash97 - 02-04-2013

Haha $130 looks great next to the $180 my LCS wants.

RE: how much for a box of prizm - ZeroDave - 02-04-2013

Ouch $119.95 Smile

RE: how much for a box of prizm - vinnie900 - 02-04-2013

(02-04-2013, 12:55 PM)uwash97 Wrote: Haha $130 looks great next to the $180 my LCS wants.

180?!?!?!? that's insane...what a ripoff ...especially only have 2 autos in there!

RE: how much for a box of prizm - kstjst - 02-04-2013

$119.95 would be a dream...and that was probably the suggested manufacturer retail price. And even $130 looks good. I paid $160 for my boxes...pulled well, so not as big a deal...but still...and my lcs may even get to that $180 price soon.

Like vinnie900, my lcs gets away with those prices because there aren't many stores around anymore...but the owner always looks to see what price "replacement value" is at before determining the price...which is normally crap because the owner doesn't have to replace a product and should really sell at the price that they purchased it at. I only put up with it because the owner often times ends up with excess product that they sell for cheaper...so it evens out in the end...sometimes...sometimes.

RE: how much for a box of prizm - uwash97 - 02-07-2013

(02-04-2013, 04:57 PM)kstjst Wrote: but the owner always looks to see what price "replacement value" is at before determining the price...which is normally crap because the owner doesn't have to replace a product and should really sell at the price that they purchased it at.

To be fair, my LCS had already sold out of their initial shipment and had to get more. I'm sure they were less initially, but knowing them probably still around $150...

I ended up passing on the box and went for 5 packs instead (at $10 per :/) out of a fresh box and managed to yank both autos and the red card out of the box. Nothing great, but at least it didn't cost me the box price...

RE: how much for a box of prizm - nthnoak - 02-07-2013

I really dont understand why these boxes cost so much for only 2 autos. Why is everybody so willing to pay a huge amount to try for a gold refractor? It just doesnt make sense to me. You could buy a bunch of autos of any player for the same price that these gold refractors are selling for.

RE: how much for a box of prizm - kstjst - 02-07-2013

Personally, I think they remind people of that great 1993 Topps Finest Set...the original refractor set. But while the basketball is continuing to hold it's value, the football refractors don't seem to be doing as well.

(02-07-2013, 01:53 PM)nthnoak Wrote: I really dont understand why these boxes cost so much for only 2 autos. Why is everybody so willing to pay a huge amount to try for a gold refractor? It just doesnt make sense to me. You could buy a bunch of autos of any player for the same price that these gold refractors are selling for.

RE: how much for a box of prizm - ndevoy - 02-07-2013

I had to pay $140 at my LCS. The price is completely reflected on the gold refractor hunt. If you manage to pull a Luck or Griffin you're looking at a $1500+. I think that is what solely keeps the price up. That and they are really nice looking cards. best set this year IMO.