Beckett Message Boards
What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? (/thread-1525751.html)

Pages: 1 2

What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - joba the clark - 02-01-2013

In the spirit of these 2013 Topps Series 1 breaks....what set are you eagerly anticipating in 2013? I can't wait for Bowman Jumbo. I am absolutely staying away from retail this year unless it's on sale and I can't resist. Every time I want to buy cards at Walmart I am going to pick out what I want on the shelf and leave it there. Then I am going to take the money I would have spent on that and put it in a jar. Then after a few months I will go to my LCS which is an hour away. I will bet I have enough to buy a case of 2013 Bowman Jumbo. Those $10 racks and $20 blasters add up fast. But enough rambling!

RE: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - rmpaq5 - 02-01-2013

Are they doing another Archives this year? My LCS is asking an outrageous $120 for a hobby box, but man that set looked awesome.

RE: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - rjcj2017 - 02-01-2013

"I am absolutely staying away from retail this year unless it's on sale and I can't resist"

Also known as, I'll buy some retail this year. LOL

RE: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - jaredhuizenga - 02-01-2013

I'm a big fan of Platinum. It's in my price range and I've been pretty lucky with it over the past couple years. Now, if only my LCS didn't jack the prices WAY up on everything I'd probably go with a hobby box. But I'll either have to go online for it or stick with retail and hope for more good luck.

RE: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - Haze28 - 02-01-2013

I can't wait for Heritage, I'm going to try to get a case.

RE: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - RobbinsDynasty - 02-01-2013

Bowman as Mark Montgomery will have his first auto. Also think I will crack inception. Want to try and crack at least a box of each product that comes out in the mid to lower end range to see what all really comes out. Wasnt really fond of gypsy queen but as i started trading for cards in my yankee pc it grew on me the look. want to put together some base sets or some smaller insert sets. Big buy will more and likely be a case of bowman jumbos

RE: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - nathancrandell1 - 02-01-2013

Without a doubt I will be buying some Allen and Ginter, as long as I still have a job of course. I love the retro feel and I am a huge ginter fan from back in the day, like 1888 back in the day.

RE: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - joba the clark - 02-01-2013

Order from Blowout Cards instead of picking up boxes at inflated prices at your LCS. I dont like saying that because we need our hobby shops but if they are going to be unreasonable with their prices then they should expect to lose business. Blowout has a great reputation and their boxes are legitly sealed. No worries about box searching and resealing with them.
(02-01-2013, 12:51 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Are they doing another Archives this year? My LCS is asking an outrageous $120 for a hobby box, but man that set looked awesome.

Try ordering from Blowout Cards...their prices are the best around and their stuff is great....You dont have to worry whether or not they went through the box and resealed it.
(02-01-2013, 12:57 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm a big fan of Platinum. It's in my price range and I've been pretty lucky with it over the past couple years. Now, if only my LCS didn't jack the prices WAY up on everything I'd probably go with a hobby box. But I'll either have to go online for it or stick with retail and hope for more good luck.

RE: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - chevy man 22 - 02-01-2013

should be a fairly cheap year for me as I just don't like the designs that I've seen so far. Especially the inserts. Nothing jumps out at me as " I must put that set together ". The '72 Mini's are cool but mehhh if it was all Rookies like they did with the '84 design in football maybe but veterans are so bland.

I'll do my usual Topps and Bowman Rc sets and Bowman Prospects/chrome prospects and that's probably it.

RE: What set are you anxiously waiting for in 2013? - dallas_collecter84 - 02-01-2013

Allen & Ginter for sure!!! It is the highlight of the year for me as far as cards go. I also look forward to the high end stuff like Triple Threads and Museum Collection. Maybe Tribute but for me that set always disappoints. Maybe its just cause I haven't gotten that big hit from it yet.