Beckett Message Boards
Been a while... Couple pickups - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Been a while... Couple pickups (/thread-1524875.html)

Pages: 1 2

Been a while... Couple pickups - Krangry - 01-24-2013

Hey all, hope the Holidays treated you well. Went to the winter warmup this past weekend and got a few goodies.

Got this 29x39 signed musial print just hours before he passed. Really glad I grabbed it, it's a huge piece with a nice big signature.
[Image: 2C8DF1AA-2272-4D0A-8F21-0305BB7E8E6F-680...22C179.jpg]

Also picked up Allen Craig's GU Jersey from his rehab stint with the Memphis Redbirds in 2011.

[Image: 52A53E29-D6CC-4B50-8D94-F69C23609213-680...BE7167.jpg]

[Image: 429A19CF-E46E-421A-ADA1-2E8F6205F56D-680...323FF6.jpg]

And lastly I got my Craig GU bat signed. Sorry for the upside down pic.

[Image: 46EF5105-E6A7-41C4-BD7B-56A9BE14EE6C-680...3D87DB.jpg]

RE: Been a while... Couple pickups - dyosh13 - 01-24-2013

Those are cool. I wish we had a major league team in hawaii.

RE: Been a while... Couple pickups - RobbinsDynasty - 01-24-2013

(01-24-2013, 01:38 AM)dyosh13 Wrote: Those are cool. I wish we had a major league team in hawaii.

Do you guys have at least any minor league teams on the islands. I'm sure the cost to run a team at any level would be detrimental to a franchises bottom line. As most teams in the minors still bus around where as even to play in a California league or something to jet here and there would just not seem to be beneficial.

(01-24-2013, 02:12 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Do you guys have at least any minor league teams on the islands. I'm sure the cost to run a team at any level would be detrimental to a franchises bottom line. As most teams in the minors still bus around where as even to play in a California league or something to jet here and there would just not seem to be beneficial.

We used to have one called the Hawaiian Islanders a triple A team last known affiliation was the Padres. They moved the team to colorado in 1987.

(01-24-2013, 02:34 AM)dyosh13 Wrote: We used to have one called the Hawaiian Islanders a triple A team last known affiliation was the Padres. They moved the team to colorado in 1987.

So it's been a little while since you guys had some pro ball roll around tell victorino he needs to get some of his phillie boys and his Red Sox boys to do some barnstorming next year

RE: Been a while... Couple pickups - petesahuttt - 01-24-2013

I'm really surprised some of the west coast teams wouldn't want to do some spring training here in Hawaii, the weather is absolutely perfect fr baseball, the grass grows nicely and Im sure the locals and tourists wuld flock to see some MLB action

RE: Been a while... Couple pickups - phreakyq - 01-24-2013

nice looking bat

RE: Been a while... Couple pickups - DrMitchJ - 01-24-2013

(01-24-2013, 04:32 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: I'm really surprised some of the west coast teams wouldn't want to do some spring training here in Hawaii, the weather is absolutely perfect fr baseball, the grass grows nicely and Im sure the locals and tourists wuld flock to see some MLB action

If they can do exhibition games in Japan, why not throw in an experimental side trip into Hawaii. It might be a great venue! ... And who wouldn't want to spend a few days there?
(01-24-2013, 12:25 AM)Krangry Wrote: Hey all, hope the Holidays treated you well. Went to the winter warmup this past weekend and got a few goodies.
Got this 29x39 signed musial print just hours before he passed. Really glad I grabbed it, it's a huge piece with a nice big signature.
Also picked up Allen Craig's GU Jersey from his rehab stint with the Memphis Redbirds in 2011.
And lastly I got my Craig GU bat signed. Sorry for the upside down pic.

Awesome! Especially that Saturday Evening Post cover! Wow! Was that done by Norman Rockwell?

Well the trips to Japan are to spread the MLB internationally. Wouldn't surprise me if you saw games in Mexico soon already did Puerto Rico with the Expos. Actually surprised there isn't an NFL team in on the islands would be easiest pro sports team for travel as they don't play as often. How long is a flight from HI to California or Seattle anyways?

(01-24-2013, 08:19 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Well the trips to Japan are to spread the MLB internationally. Wouldn't surprise me if you saw games in Mexico soon already did Puerto Rico with the Expos. Actually surprised there isn't an NFL team in on the islands would be easiest pro sports team for travel as they don't play as often. How long is a flight from HI to California or Seattle anyways?

It's about 5 hours.
Sorry krangy, didn't mean to hijack your thread with my 1st comments.