Beckett Message Boards
How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! (/thread-1523095.html)

Pages: 1 2

How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - Topgun1983 - 01-07-2013

This kid is rising up the ranks very quickly great player, any1 see the talent in Damian that I do ?? Rookie of the year I say

RE: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - TBarn291 - 01-07-2013

He is definitely turning out to be one of the best from that RC class! I enjoy watching him.

RE: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - Stackfan - 01-07-2013

(01-07-2013, 06:46 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: He is definitely turning out to be one of the best from that RC class! I enjoy watching him, but for RC of the year I still gotta go with Irving. Every time I watch a Cavs game hes doing something impressive. Plus as far as stats go he is definitely the leader. Kyrie is averaging 23.4 PPG Lilliard is the only one even close to his all around stats. Did anyone catch the Cleveland/Charlotte game? That was great game both sides. Kyrie hit the game winner at the buzzer. In the game they just lost to Houston, he had 30 pts 4 assists 6 steals and 4 blocks. He is definitely my choice.

Kyrie was a rookie last year and won roy. This year I think it's hands down lillard so far. I like lillard, I just think its a big step between good and great.

RE: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - TBarn291 - 01-07-2013

(01-07-2013, 07:42 AM)Stackfan Wrote: Kyrie was a rookie last year and won roy. This year I think it's hands down lillard so far. I like lillard, I just think its a big step between good and great.

Hmmm wow shows how much I pay attention. Yah Damion is a shoe in. no other contenders imo.

RE: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - Topgun1983 - 01-07-2013

Yeah he has skills, what about Drummond or Davis ??

RE: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - user_3n5kp - 01-07-2013

(01-07-2013, 08:27 AM)Topgun1983 Wrote: Yeah he has skills, what about Drummond or Davis ??

I haven't seen too much of Drummond but from the box scores I don't think he gets enough burn to challenge what Lillard has been doing. Davis needs to stay healthy and he could take it. Problem is the season is a month out of all-star break and he has had problems staying on the court.

RE: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - mickey7mantle7 - 01-07-2013

Lillard hands down. Davis has been somewhat a disappointment to me. Was injured to for a brief period. Lillard is a beast.

RE: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - bballfrk44 - 01-07-2013

Having Lillard on all 3 of my fantasy teams has led me to follow him a lot and he's slowly becoming a favorite of mine. I think he's a shoe in for ROY given that Davis has been Hurt, Gilchrist just okay, Rivers doing nothing, Drummond streaky. If anyone can give him a run it's maybe Bradley Beal but we'll see what happens when Wall comes back. ALso Harrison Barnes getting some run but not putting up great numbers.

One thing I love about Lillard is he isn't afraid of taking the big shot. Averaging 18.6pts 6.7 assists right now it's clear to me that he will win it granted he stays healthy. Also the Blazers are above .500 (better than my stupid Lakers) which I don't think many people were expecting with a rookie PG. I love Lillard and am trying to get a lot of his cards but they're so pricey.

RE: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - rjcj2017 - 01-07-2013

I've got a Prizm base RC and a Hoops RC of Lillard FT for anyone who has a Certified RC for trade ... I'm in the trading section, look me up.

Yes, he's awesome ... that crossover and step-back 3 he hit against the Knicks the other night with like 45 seconds left was killer.

He's like Chris Paul with Dwyane Wade's athleticism ... he could score 30 a night if he wanted to but is a very, very good playmaker.

Like, the other night against Minnesota, Batum and Matthews each scored 26 ... Lillard scored 20 with 6 assists, but only took 14 shots, hit 7 and went 3 for 3 from the line.

He's hands-down ROY, not even close ...

The only bummer for me is that he won't have any Blazers autos any time soon, because he signed an exclusive with Leaf like three weeks ago.

I sent him a Hoops card TTM a couple of months ago, but I guess I won't be getting it back ... LOL

RE: How good is rookie Damian lillard !!! - JMarchand1981 - 01-07-2013

Lillard can ball no doubt about it. As a Celtics fan, may I Just add that if Sullinger actually got some damn run he would be in the ROY discussion.