Beckett Message Boards
Anyone else been in a slump? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone else been in a slump? (/thread-1523010.html)

Anyone else been in a slump? - volatty - 01-06-2013

2012 has been my worst year busting wax. I did get some good hits but I usually get 1 or 2 big pulls per year. It seems like there have been some monsters pulled by members here and I've really enjoyed those that were shared. Sorry, just had to get out the frustration. Hopefully 2013 will be better. I have some Momentum coming in tomorrow, and there is a local card show next weekend. Think I'm getting some crown royale. I love the look of these and there have been some really nice rookies, vets and HOF's pulled. I'll post if it's worth sharing. Good luck to all those in a slump like me.

RE: Anyone else been in a slump? - branesergen - 01-06-2013

Ive been in the same slump. Seems more overpopulation combined with a not so great draft class has made for some crappy boxes, compared to last year anyway.

RE: Anyone else been in a slump? - chibearsboy - 01-06-2013

i hear ya...the percentages of Good boxes (20%) vs Bad boxes (80%) that i saw made me buy almost Zero last year...
Its the Card makers that are in the Slump IMO bro....not you.....so sad

RE: Anyone else been in a slump? - longhornnation - 01-06-2013

(01-06-2013, 10:53 AM)branesergen Wrote: Ive been in the same slump. Seems more overpopulation combined with a not so great draft class has made for some crappy boxes, compared to last year anyway.

I thinks it's still too early to judge the draft class as a whole.

How strong was 2010 during that year? Tebow, Clausen, McCoy, Bradford were all huge hits, now, not so much.

RE: Anyone else been in a slump? - branesergen - 01-06-2013

(01-06-2013, 11:46 AM)longhornnation Wrote: I thinks it's still too early to judge the draft class as a whole.

How strong was 2010 during that year? Tebow, Clausen, McCoy, Bradford were all huge hits, now, not so much.

Agreed as in judging their careers, but when judging for a box break right now is all you have. 2010 was a dud year too IMO but didnt have 43 new sets being released. Last year had a more spread out draft class (like 10 players were sought after) compared to this years 5 with so much new product being released. Momentum, Bowman Signatures, all the Leaf product, Black, Prominence, More Press Pass sets, Strata, Fleer Retro, Prizm, Valor and Archives is just over producing way too much. It makes 90% of box breaks duds whereas last year you had about a 50% chance at this time of year and thru out the season.

RE: Anyone else been in a slump? - mrdub - 01-06-2013

ya, ive had a pretty craptastic year myself. ive pulled zilch for nice hits.

RE: Anyone else been in a slump? - p4ckattack - 01-06-2013

Ive had better luck busting packs this year than boxes. First pack I opened I got a Alfred Morris auto and actually did the wise thing for once and hung on to it til he really started playing well before selling it. Ive only done a few boxes and they all came out pretty bad. Not only bad autos but all redemptions too. I understand you can't always pull a good one but I at least want to pull a real card once in a while and not a redemption every time. Im sticking to singles until something I really like comes around. I hope the mojo turns around for us all and im sure it will, sometimes your on a hot streak and sometimes not thats just the way it is. Pulling a big card would'nt be the same if it were'nt all those bad ones.