Beckett Message Boards
Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? (/thread-1521625.html)

Pages: 1 2

Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - waynetalger - 12-21-2012

I bought a box of Bowman Sterling and pulled this guy. I was wondering if he is going to make it to the Big Leagues. One reason why I asked it was my first time pulling a RC superfractor

Edit 5-20-14 I havent been able to watch a tigers game when Smyly is pitching. How is he doing this year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: smyly.jpg]

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - yankeescop - 12-21-2012

He is projected as the 5th starter for 2013. He was up this past season and didnt do really good. They had him in the bullpen during the playoffs. I saw him pitch when he was at Erie in 2011. Really nice guy. Talked to my son about being a ballplayer and working hard to make your dreams come true. Congrats on the pull, wish it had been me.

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - nyyankeesfan28 - 12-21-2012

He beat this Adam Wilk, who is going to South Korea, for the 5th starter spot.

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - cweiland - 12-21-2012

The previous posters are correct. He will be Leyland's 5th starter in the rotation. I would hang onto the card. He is a tall lefty and I think he has some potential.

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - nyyankeesfan28 - 12-21-2012

Plus it's a SuperFractor, cweiland.

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - waynetalger - 12-21-2012

thanks guys I will have to put this card in my prospects PC. being a starter is a good start.

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - ringers1993 - 12-21-2012

Its looks like him or Porcello (if he doesn't get traded) for the 5th spot in the rotation. Nice pull

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - mgruber2 - 12-22-2012

Not sure why yankeescop thinks Smyly "didn't do really good" this year. I watched Smyly all year. He was a 23 year old rookie (22 on opening day) this year. Posted a 3.99 era with a 3:1 strikeout to walk ratio and almost a strikeout per inning with a whip of 1.27 in 18 starts and 6 appearances out of the pen. Not too shabby for a rookie who started the previous season in Class A and finished in AA.

I would hold on to him if I were you. I like his makeup. He takes the mound and is not intimidated. He has great mechanics and I can see him in the future being a legitimate #3 starter, maybe even better.

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - ringers1993 - 12-22-2012

(12-22-2012, 10:01 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Not sure why yankeescop thinks Smyly "didn't do really good" this year. I watched Smyly all year. He was a 23 year old rookie (22 on opening day) this year. Posted a 3.99 era with a 3:1 strikeout to walk ratio and almost a strikeout per inning with a whip of 1.27 in 18 starts and 6 appearances out of the pen. Not too shabby for a rookie who started the previous season in Class A and finished in AA.

I would hold on to him if I were you. I like his makeup. He takes the mound and is not intimidated. He has great mechanics and I can see him in the future being a legitimate #3 starter, maybe even better.

Agree 100 percent

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly? - waynetalger - 12-23-2012

Thank you ringer and mgruber