Beckett Message Boards
Site Very Slow - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Misc. (/forum-43.html)
+--- Forum: Help Forum (/forum-65.html)
+--- Thread: Site Very Slow (/thread-1520829.html)

Pages: 1 2

Site Very Slow - jdberia - 12-11-2012 07:09 AM

Please fix the site so it will run smoothly ALL day. It is almost becoming unusable because it take so long to load forums and such.

RE: Site Very Slow - pingbling23 - 12-11-2012 10:49 AM

i agree, it can be a major pain. its crazy that ill click on something on this site and while its loading ill go browse a couple of websites at the same time with no problems.

RE: Site Very Slow - john lamica - 12-11-2012 11:17 AM

As far as the speed of Beckett on the Internet. I was also having trouble. I was using a popular server in my area. Well I got tired of their I high-speed performance. At times I thought I was using Dial-Up. Since I switched to another server in my area, things have sped up about 50% faster that my old server. what happened with me is that, so many people were using my previous server, that they got bogged down from over use. Anyway the way I fixed speed problem, I just switched servers.

RE: Site Very Slow - jdberia - 12-11-2012 12:21 PM

I use my DSL ISP. I have no way of switching servers. The slow loading times are completely ridiculous. If Beckett is having issues, I would think a quick note that they are working on it would be nice. I have seen several people say they were leaving the forums because they are tired of the slow site response.

RE: Site Very Slow - bselje - 12-11-2012 09:07 PM

The forums are one thing (yes, EXTREMELY slow) but the ORG/OPG is something I pay for and it is unusable most of the time lately. We're talking as slow and useless as their old beta version.
I cant blame people for leaving and I'm strongly considering cancelling my OPG subscription.

RE: Site Very Slow - lpearce7 - 12-12-2012 02:34 PM

this has been happening since I joined in 2009. I would honestly rather not hear their worthless excuses. It seems like they create ways to lie to their customers every time something goes wrong, and that's about 90% of the time. Until they fire the entire IT department, nothing will change.

And DO NOT tell me to switch servers. How can that be a solution when EVERY single other site works fast? Like someone above said, I can go on Photobucket and create 10 images in the time it take this site to look up one card. That's pathetic, plain and simple

RE: Site Very Slow - edverrilla - 12-13-2012 03:16 PM

i agree! find some one who knows what they are doing. i pay good money to use this site and it is so slow i want to scream! FOR YEARS this has been happening.
no communication with their users!
like my rant is going to do something!

RE: Site Very Slow - edverrilla - 12-14-2012 02:54 PM

i talked to customer service. apparently it was a server issue.
but that is only the first part of my story. the man i talked to was in new delhi, in india. that means that beckett outsources to india. that i find disgusting. another american job lost. the man i talked to was cracking me up! he did not know and could not name two baseball teams from texas. he did not know who "The Nolan Ryan" was either. Way to go Beckett! Your other server is in India. That would explain a lot to me of how this website does not function properly. Having a back up server on the other side of the world is a great great idea! All my info is in India. Aint that just dandy. Just thought I would tell all you fellow users this. I found out the truth. I also complained to him that there is no communication between Beckett and Us, the average Joe user.

RE: Site Very Slow - gamblersheaven - 12-14-2012 11:19 PM

This is crazy. I just picked up a ton of cards and subscribed to Total Access and at this rate, I'll still be looking them up in a few months. I don't think the site has ever been as slow as it has been lately.

RE: Site Very Slow - kata78 - 12-16-2012 04:59 PM

It is something that will never, never change. People complain, they don't care. Promises are made and they are never kept. It's been like this since I joined in 2009.