Beckett Message Boards
Label changes on new order - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Beckett Grading Services (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Beckett Grading Services (BGS) (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Label changes on new order (/thread-1518766.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Label changes on new order - creativemunky - 11-14-2012

Just got my order in and it seems BGS is doing away with the extra little autograph grade square on the top right of the slab and is now putting all autograph grades on the back of the label.
I just sent in 26 cards and 22 of them were autographs, some cards dating back to 1993 (so they are not all thicker cards) and they ALL had the autograph grade on the back of the label.
Think I like it better the old way.

RE: Label changes on new order - nolan5000 - 11-14-2012

(11-14-2012, 05:50 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Just got my order in and it seems BGS is doing away with the extra little autograph grade square on the top right of the slab and is now putting all autograph grades on the back of the label.
I just sent in 26 cards and 22 of them were autographs, some cards dating back to 1993 (so they are not all thicker cards) and they ALL had the autograph grade on the back of the label.
Think I like it better the old way.

Me too!! Me too!! I talked to Mark Anderson (the Director of Grading) and from our emails, I thought for sure that my Auto chip (that's what they call it) would on the front. But alas, it wasn't. I think the Auto grade looks better in front on its own label. JMO.

RE: Label changes on new order - JMF_PR83 - 11-15-2012

I think it depends on the actual grade of the auto... it looks ok if both labels are Gold or Silver. However, if you have a GEM MT label and a 9 Auto, it will not look good at all, IMO.

Therefore, I like the idea of having the grade on the back... keeps it clean.

I also would love for them to add the sub-grades on the back as well. I hate the subs on the front, specially when you have a 9.5 with one 9 as a sub, etc.

RE: Label changes on new order - nthnoak - 11-15-2012

Im also quite the fan of having the auto grade on the back for the reasons the last guy mentioned. If its not a 10, it ruins the look. Plus I think having a little floating chip moving around in there looks tacky. But I do like subgrades on the front rather than the back. To each their own!

RE: Label changes on new order - kr0n420 - 11-15-2012

I've had 3 or 4 orders in the last 2 months, it seems totally random to me where they put the auto grade. It's always consistent within the order itself, but whether they're on the front or back seems to change with every submission.

RE: Label changes on new order - nolan5000 - 11-16-2012

(11-15-2012, 09:42 PM)kr0n420 Wrote: I've had 3 or 4 orders in the last 2 months, it seems totally random to me where they put the auto grade. It's always consistent within the order itself, but whether they're on the front or back seems to change with every submission.

Mark Anderson (Director of Grading) told me it has to do with the thickness of the card.

RE: Label changes on new order - tristanrules - 11-16-2012

(11-16-2012, 09:34 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Mark Anderson (Director of Grading) told me it has to do with the thickness of the card.

Not true, I was told they ran out of the small chips. And if I wanted I would have to pay $5 to get them reslabbed.

I sent 3 orders, 1st order auto grade was on the back, second order grade was on the front, 3rd order grades on the back.

I HATE the auto grades on the back, and it sucks that Beckett doesn't seem to be consistent, which is why I would no longer be grading cards.

Naming plates were messed up, and also they gave an auto grade 0 on a card. Its crazy that every order has an issue

Posted on this months ago

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1508370.html

(11-16-2012, 01:50 PM)tristanrules Wrote: they gave an auto grade 0 on a card.

That's interesting b/c on this website it states that 5 is the lowest that they give out.
(11-16-2012, 01:50 PM)tristanrules Wrote: Not true

I was simply stating what the BGS Grading Director told me via email.

RE: Label changes on new order - tristanrules - 11-16-2012

(11-16-2012, 02:00 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: That's interesting b/c on this website it states that 5 is the lowest that they give out.

I was simply stating what the BGS Grading Director told me via email.

Yea I know, sorry it wasn't a direct bash to you.

This is a Chronology (which is a thicker card so the grade is on the back, but its an auto grade 0)

[Image: i-F63N9S5-XL.jpg]

(11-16-2012, 03:40 PM)tristanrules Wrote: Yea I know, sorry it wasn't a direct bash to you.

This is a Chronology (which is a thicker card so the grade is on the back, but its an auto grade 0)

[Image: i-F63N9S5-XL.jpg]

Wow. Can you provide a scan of the front?