Beckett Message Boards
Would you get it graded? Check this out - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Would you get it graded? Check this out (/thread-1518625.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Would you get it graded? Check this out - weslamb - 11-13-2012

Kordell Stewart III I would def sell it

RE: Would you get it graded? Check this out - nineof - 11-13-2012

If you're definitely going to sell it I'd say don't get it graded and sell as quickly as possible. A 9.5 is the only grade that would add some money to it when selling, in my opinion. Sure the card looks great as is, but grading is a gamble.

RE: Would you get it graded? Check this out - bdubs3316 - 11-13-2012

if you think it'll grade a 9.5...send it in...if you're hesitant about it being a 9.5, sell it now and let the buyer gamble.

at 9.5, you'd get a nice bump in your sale price...if it's not a 9.5, you'll get what you wouldve gotten raw

RE: Would you get it graded? Check this out - nolan5000 - 11-13-2012

(11-12-2012, 09:58 PM)Bjackson1981 Wrote: So I got extremely lucky this past Friday and pulled the best card I've ever pulled. I've had a couple of decent offers, but not where I feel they should be considering the Andrew Luck version of this card is currently over $3000 on the other other site, with more than 2 days left. I do understand that Luck is selling somewhat better than Griffin. My question is would you sent this off to get graded?

Robert Griffin III Autographed Red Refractor 2/5

[Image: 9BDFEC8E.jpg]

No. It's off-centered.
(11-13-2012, 12:27 AM)nthnoak Wrote: Dude, the card looks flawless. Just make sure to wipe the surface if it has fingerprints before hand. Plus the chrome hype will still be there IF you send this card out with the 2 day service. Sure it will cost you a little bit, but its nothing compared to what this will sell for if it comes back with a gold label. You can set the minimum grade of a 9.5 so if it doesnt get it, you wont have to bust it out. But that card looks amazing as long as there arent any dings on the back.

How can you say that it's flawless? It's clearly off-centered.

RE: Would you get it graded? Check this out - nthnoak - 11-13-2012

Hahahaha, it may be slightly off center in the slightest way possible. But it would still probably be a 9 at worst on the centering. Chrome this year is so much better on centering than previous years. I think your looking at it too hard. As ridiculous as it sounds, I measured the borders on my screen and their the same. If it was so clear, lots of people would have said dont grade it because its off center just like they have in other threads. But no, nobody said that.

RE: Would you get it graded? Check this out - nolan5000 - 11-14-2012

(11-13-2012, 10:57 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Hahahaha, it may be slightly off center in the slightest way possible. But it would still probably be a 9 at worst on the centering. Chrome this year is so much better on centering than previous years. I think your looking at it too hard. As ridiculous as it sounds, I measured the borders on my screen and their the same. If it was so clear, lots of people would have said dont grade it because its off center just like they have in other threads. But no, nobody said that.

Maybe they don't know what to look for. But I'm sticking to my guns and saying that it's off-centered. The top is clearly thinner than the other 3 sides.

RE: Would you get it graded? Check this out - englandhousehold - 11-14-2012

Congrats on the auction man, that's great for you.