Beckett Message Boards
IP and TTM's - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: IP and TTM's (/thread-1518249.html)

Pages: 1 2

IP and TTM's - stevep0422 - 11-08-2012

I like seeing all the IP and TTM autos people post so I thought I would post some that I recovered recently from my childhood. Some were obtained in person and some through the mail.
[Image: IMG_0745.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0744.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0743.jpg]
Anyone remember the importance of Ron Blomberg?

RE: IP and TTM's - yankeescop - 11-08-2012

He was the first DH, if I remember correctly

RE: IP and TTM's - RobbinsDynasty - 11-08-2012

yes this is true. i got a bat that he signed with that inscript

RE: IP and TTM's - nyyankeesfan28 - 11-08-2012

Those are awesome! My jaw dropped at the Musial!

RE: IP and TTM's - stevep0422 - 11-08-2012

I love the Musial myself but I really like the Fidrych as well. I always thought he was a fascinating guy.

RE: IP and TTM's - rjcj2017 - 11-08-2012

I am a Tigers fan, and my grandparents used to live across the street from a mall in Michigan (the mall was built many, many years after their house was, LOL)

My parents and I moved out here to California when I was 6, but I would stay with them in the summertime.

Every so often, some of the retired Tigers would come and sign free autos at the mall — they even had cards of the guys for like $1 each that you could buy if you didn't have your own.

While I was out here during the school year, my grandpa, who was legally blind, would just walk over to the mall, buy the cards and stand in line for the autos ... he would never tell me when he was going or who he got, and would save them for me to surprise me when I got there for the summer.

Some of the autos ...

Barbaro Garbey (x2!)
Dave Rozema (x2!)
Willie Horton
Denny McClain (on a Domino's Pizza card, very cool)
And ...

The great Mark Fidrych, x2 ... literally quite possibly my favorite cards in my collection, given that both he and my grandparents aren't around any more.

RE: IP and TTM's - nyyankeesfan28 - 11-08-2012

(11-08-2012, 10:42 PM)stevep0422 Wrote: I love the Musial myself but I really like the Fidrych as well. I always thought he was a fascinating guy.

Fidrych was the beginning of the wacky reliever. Without him, we wouldn't have guys like Brian Wilson or, who I player collect, Dirk Hayhurst.

RE: IP and TTM's - stera8 - 11-09-2012

(11-08-2012, 10:55 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I am a Tigers fan, and my grandparents used to live across the street from a mall in Michigan (the mall was built many, many years after their house was, LOL)

My parents and I moved out here to California when I was 6, but I would stay with them in the summertime.

Every so often, some of the retired Tigers would come and sign free autos at the mall — they even had cards of the guys for like $1 each that you could buy if you didn't have your own.

While I was out here during the school year, my grandpa, who was legally blind, would just walk over to the mall, buy the cards and stand in line for the autos ... he would never tell me when he was going or who he got, and would save them for me to surprise me when I got there for the summer.

Some of the autos ...

Barbaro Garbey (x2!)
Dave Rozema (x2!)
Willie Horton
And ...

The great Mark Fidrych, x2 ... literally quite possibly my favorite cards in my collection, given that both he and my grandparents aren't around any more.

great story Smile

RE: IP and TTM's - yankeescop - 11-09-2012

(11-08-2012, 10:55 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I am a Tigers fan, and my grandparents used to live across the street from a mall in Michigan (the mall was built many, many years after their house was, LOL)

Some of the autos ...

Barbaro Garbey (x2!)
Dave Rozema (x2!)
Willie Horton
And ...

Thanks for sharing. That was a great story.

RE: IP and TTM's - meachma1 - 11-09-2012

Very nice cards - love the Andre Dawson - he was my first player autograph on an 1990 Donruss card, and is still my favorite autograph.