Beckett Message Boards
Buyers Beware - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Buyers Beware (/thread-1516839.html)

Pages: 1 2

Buyers Beware - kenarm79 - 10-22-2012 05:04 PM

There is a LeBron James retro buyback that should be ending on the 24th on eBay. I could be mistaken but I doubt it. This is a brand new product so there shouldn't be any buybacks for this product. LeBron already has a base version of this card autographed so there would not be a need for UD to buyback any of these so they could get hime to sign it, lol. I don't want to put the link up nor do I want to call out the sellers name, but the listing is:
Lebron James 11 Fleer Retro Buyback Buyback Auto 1/1 RC College Unpriced Rare (listing: 170928651652).

RE: Buyers Beware - taffster74 - 10-22-2012 05:24 PM

Unless it's a buyback from UD's 2003-04 SP top Prospects?

RE: Buyers Beware - kenarm79 - 10-22-2012 05:37 PM

(10-22-2012 05:24 PM)taffster74 Wrote:  Unless it's a buyback from UD's 2003-04 SP top Prospects?

It's the base retro card from the new set.

RE: Buyers Beware - taffster74 - 10-22-2012 05:49 PM

Hmmmm.... unless the seller is just listing it wrong. Either that, or upper deck is up to it's usual shadiness.....

RE: Buyers Beware - kenarm79 - 10-22-2012 06:56 PM

The seller is from the Philippines. I can't put this on UD. It's kind of hard to receive a buyback of a card which just came out from a brand new product. Buybacks are normally older cards that are placed in a new product. There is no COA or anything to validate the auto, IJS BEWARE, lol.

RE: Buyers Beware - crimedawg47 - 10-22-2012 07:51 PM

Looks pretty shady to me.

RE: Buyers Beware - tristanrules - 10-22-2012 08:28 PM

doesn't even look remotely real

RE: Buyers Beware - vgqv - 10-23-2012 12:14 AM

I've never seen LeBum sign so big like that on a regular basketball card, something seems fishy to me. At first glance, I thought that was a Kevin Durant auto too, lol

RE: Buyers Beware - jpleazme805 - 10-23-2012 02:43 AM

That must be Lebron's auto... it has his picture on the card....

don't know why the seller lists the card as a "buyback"... also.. I would think the seller would list the year better than just putting "11".... then puts "unpriced" in the header... every collector would know it is a rare card because of the "1/1"

Anybody email the seller & ask for a picture of the back of card?

If you look at the bidders, most have bid retractions or low amount of transactions..
Seller has very low feedback score... I would say at least 96+ % would be good.. because I know everybody makes a mistake or has problems with transactions.. low number would mean low number of total transactions... but if you read this seller's feedback... a lot mentions his rude comments & terrible customer service... I would stay away from him!!

Here is one of the guys that bid on the item mentioned in OP.... This guy is a scammer... check out his feedback: when_82

RE: Buyers Beware - jpleazme805 - 10-23-2012 08:50 PM

got an email from the seller, when I asked about a COA or if the card says "Ceritified auto" on the back... seller replies, " was pack pulled so no COA..." didn't answer any of my other questions..

Beckett only shows two versions of this card: (base & auto versions)
2011-12 Fleer Retro #2 LeBron James
2011-12 Fleer Retro Autographs #2 LeBron James

Fleer Retro has 10 different Lebron autos.. none are 1/1

I can understand the seller being misleading & calling it a "buyback"... I see a lot of people put misleading description headers to try to get the auction to show up in various searches...
i.e. If you have a 2006-07 Jambalaya Jordan... you might put "RETRO" in the description header to get it to show up when people search for RETRO Michael Jordan... Or people put 1/1, even though the card is not a 1/1 card....

I left a comment on UD's Facebook page... regarding this card....