Beckett Message Boards
Is this appropriate? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Is this appropriate? (/thread-1516686.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is this appropriate? - jmc855 - 10-20-2012

Curious if people think its cool or not for me to bring a three ring binder with me to a large show in two weeks that contains a part of my PC. Its getting very hard for me to remember everything I have, and I will be spending a lot of time sifting for mostly low end stuff. I'm not looking to sell or trade, just only buy what I need and no doubles. Not sure if vendors might think I was trying to steal their cards or play games with whats in my binder if I kept it in my back pack and took it out to reference before I bought stuff. Thoughts???? I was gonna try and access my organize, but the beckett site loads forever on my Galaxy S2 even with a 4g connection.

RE: Is this appropriate? - gotopes - 10-20-2012

Depending on how many cards you're after, it might be easier for you to have an organized list that you can access while you're at the show. I.e., a google doc that you can view on your phone or similar. It would save you some of the time and effort of pulling out your binder every time you needed to check.

RE: Is this appropriate? - nyyankeesfan28 - 10-20-2012

If you have lots of cards I'd make a list, but if you don't then bring the binder. Depends on what you think would be more effective.

RE: Is this appropriate? - tntmclmm - 10-20-2012

The org and a smart phone are your friends.

RE: Is this appropriate? - chevy man 22 - 10-20-2012

Yeah I wouldn't risk losing or damaging any of my cards.

I use Notepad and just make a list of the set and which numbers I still need and print it off. As I acquire them I mark that number off my list. This way I'm not constantly handling and sorting through my cards. The less handling the better.

(10-20-2012, 07:02 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Yeah I wouldn't risk losing or damaging any of my cards.

I use Notepad and just make a list of the set and which numbers I still need and print it off. As I acquire them I mark that number off my list. This way I'm not constantly handling and sorting through my cards. The less handling the better.

Exactly.

RE: Is this appropriate? - jmc855 - 10-20-2012

Thanks for the replies. I def wish my org and smart phone worked faster, but they dont seem to. I've done the list thing, but at this point, my goal is to just obtain any cards I dont have, not really any specific big time cards, I've got most of those by now. I'm more asking about the the acceptance of bringing a binder to a show. I want to make sure vendors wouldnt think I am trying to swipe things/ swap things or stuff like that. I usually just rummage through the boxes and set ones aside that I dont think I have, only to find I have half of them when I get home. Anywho, maybe I;ll just have to hope the beckett site loads faster that day than normally and take my chances.

RE: Is this appropriate? - rmpaq5 - 10-20-2012

I don't think any vendors would mind, as long as you are looking to buy. If you're worried when you get to a table just get the guys attention and ask if he minds if you pull out your binder.

RE: Is this appropriate? - alfredoleal2001 - 10-20-2012

Ive seen people walk into shows with their binders but I think a list is more practical and much easier to handle. I take a few lists to shows and it works fine..

(10-20-2012, 09:17 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: I don't think any vendors would mind, as long as you are looking to buy. If you're worried when you get to a table just get the guys attention and ask if he minds if you pull out your binder.

If you have to bring a binder, then that is what I'd do. Personally, I'd leave the binder at home and write an old-fashioned pen-and-paper list.