Beckett Message Boards
Am I a snob? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Am I a snob? (/thread-1516658.html)

Am I a snob? - cardinalcorey - 10-20-2012 09:39 AM

I'm just getting back into the hobby. Back in my day we didn't have online trading. So I just put some stuff in my organize for trade and I got 7 trade notifications. Checked them all out and there just isn't anything I need that they have. Am I being a snob? What is the etiquette now days?

I'm trying to limit myself a tad by not going after anything with a Cardinal on it. Trying to stay with Topps Co. products only also trying to finish the 2012 Topps Heritage Minor League set.

RE: Am I a snob? - stera8 - 10-20-2012 10:00 AM

as long as you reject it right away instead of just letting it linger I think your right.

You need to be happy with the trade you want. sometimes I help people out but this month I'm strict with trading because I want bowman draft next month.

goodluck

RE: Am I a snob? - Krangry - 10-20-2012 10:13 AM

I'm the same way, don't force yourself to find something just bc someone sends a offer.

RE: Am I a snob? - nyyankeesfan28 - 10-20-2012 10:23 AM

Yeah, if you don't want what they have, just reject the trade.

RE: Am I a snob? - hongkongfooey - 10-20-2012 10:53 AM

you want to limit yourself by not going after cardinals but thats what you collect?

RE: Am I a snob? - aprirr - 10-20-2012 11:09 AM

I believe he doesn't want to go after everything with a Cardinal on it. Showing more restraint, which can be hard to do. At least for me, occasionally.