Beckett Message Boards
I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Sports Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! (/thread-1516335.html)

I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! - bakerman8419 - 10-16-2012

I just watched the JT/ZT Ring of Honor ceremony for the first time and I can not believe all the empty seats!!! Just terrible. I feel bad for ZT and JT to have to go through that. I really do. Its almost like no one cared. Phins fans who live in or near Florida should be ashamed in my honest opinion. 2 of the greatest players to ever have played on the team are getting honored on a beautiful day and they cant even fill half the stadium!!! Yes it was during halftime but cmon a fresh beer or a potty break is more important than two legends being added to the honor roll??? Just a complete embarrassment and travesty. I honestly feel like I need to do something. I dont know what but the fans down there absolutely suck! They do not deserve the team.

Can you imagine when Polamalu and Harrison get honored? That stadium would be sold out and fans will be lined up outside. Steeler nation is what I want my team's fanbase to be like. Steelers have 6 titles and the Phins have 2 including a perfect season so its not like the Phins arent historic. As you can tell Im honestly bothered by the lack of appreciation by my fellow Phins fans in Florida. No excuse for that low of a turn out. Just pathetic!!!

If you want to watch the pathetic video it is here!

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Jason--Zach-Honor-Roll-Induction/f7e6e902-7635-487a-a7ec-efdfad7cc047

I really dont know what to say...

I digress...

RE: I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! - nthnoak - 10-16-2012

Look at miami hurricane games. some of them were quite empty as well. i think miami fans suck in general. too busy thinking bout lebleep james.

RE: I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! - chads-cards - 10-16-2012

Yepp us steeler fans are pretty diehard lol...the waiting list for season tickets is a lifetime long...you have to inherit them or pay huge money. Florida will never have strong local fan basis because its alot of old people who could give a ***** about sports lol. Look at miami baseball. The heat are the only thing. But its easy to sell out that. tamba bay hockey sucks aswell. Unless they get moved to a more normal living area they wont be that team that gets love bake

RE: I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! - bakerman8419 - 10-16-2012

(10-16-2012, 01:59 AM)nthnoak Wrote: Look at miami hurricane games. some of them were quite empty as well. i think miami fans suck in general. too busy thinking bout lebleep james.

I agree. I would give anything to be a season ticket holder and go to every game. I really hope I can move down there to do so at some point in my life. As for the Canes its one thing to not show up to a game especially when you lose to North Carolina??? But when two of the best players in franchise history are being honored and half the stadium is empty its just sad. Then the poor firework display. The terrible choice of music. Just not up to par IMO for all that JT and ZT did. Since I was a little kid its been Marino, Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. I feel the organization did not do enough to put fans in the seats to celebrate two of its legends. Hell give away some tickets. I dont care. It was hard for me to watch and it was a major letdown. Hell me by myself couldve given them a better ceremony lol.
(10-16-2012, 02:16 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Yepp us steeler fans are pretty diehard lol...the waiting list for season tickets is a lifetime long...you have to inherit them or pay huge money. Florida will never have strong local fan basis because its alot of old people who could give a ***** about sports lol. Look at miami baseball. The heat are the only thing. But its easy to sell out that. tamba bay hockey sucks aswell. Unless they get moved to a more normal living area they wont be that team that gets love bake

I agree. I respect Steeler fans. Packer fans. Bears fans. They are die hards. I love it. Im biased but Zach Thomas was at least the second best or third best MLB during the era in which he played. Ray, ZT and Urlacher are the 3 that pop into my head. Most of the country dont even know how good ZT was. No one really knows how good JT was because of the lack of attention. Even Marino gets bashed for not winning a ring even though he never had the talent around him. Im just frustrated right now so bare with me lol.

RE: I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! - wavytiger1975 - 10-16-2012

Zack Thomas will always be immortalized on The Waterboy.

RE: I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! - 420ramsfan - 10-16-2012

yep, i feel ya bakerman. i grew up rootin for rams and still stick by my team. nothing ticks me off more than hearing them get boo'd by their own fans who have the pleasure of actually attending the game while im 1/2 way accross the country paying to watch em on TV!!! the dome is usually full though...

RE: I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! - nineof - 10-16-2012

Sucks to hear that your boys didn't get their proper respect. Always thought Dolphins fans were rabid. Guess I was completely off on that one.

Random thought, but any city that doesn't support their team through thick and thin should lose that franchise to another city. Obviously, the Dolphins have a long and storied tradition in Miami, so I don't think they should move, but alot of other cities shouldn't get that same respect.

If Cincinnati doesn't support the Bengals, I'd be pissed, but they should move. Look at their last game against the Browns. They were 0-5 at the time, but Browns fans were out in full force with their support. Those are real fans.

RE: I honestly have never felt so embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan in my life!!! - bakerman8419 - 10-17-2012

I hate when the mods put threads in this section because no one comes down here lol.

Seriously has anyone actually watched the video I posted? Im curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this!