Beckett Message Boards
grading a Kobe Score Board auto? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Beckett Grading Services (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Beckett/James Spence Authentication (BGS/JSA) (/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: grading a Kobe Score Board auto? (/thread-1516244.html)

grading a Kobe Score Board auto? - hercules21 - 10-15-2012 02:27 AM

I have a 1996 Score Board Autographed BK Silver #15 Kobe Bryant. This is serialized out of 325, and came straight from the pack. How do I go about getting it graded?

Beckett sent it back to me with a letter saying it was a non-certified autographed card, and it needed to go to JSA first. I thought non-certified would mean signed in person, not from the pack. The FAQ on this site has a related question, shown below.

Q. Do all autographed cards have to be submitted through the JSA/BGS program? What about certified autographed cards issued directly by the manufacturer?

A. All after-market autographs must be submitted through the JSA/BGS program. Autographs issued by manufacturers, such as Topps, Upper Deck, Playoff, etc. may be submitted through normal BGS grading. On these cards, the autographs are authenticated by the manufacturers themselves, not JSA or BGS. You may still submit these cards through JSA/BGS for authentication.

Also, is it possible to get a card such as this graded at a sports card show, instead of mailing it in? I've seen some comments on this forum about JSA/BGS taking a while, and I'm not sure I want it leaving my sight.
Thanks.

RE: grading a Kobe Score Board auto? - jlo138 - 03-18-2014 05:59 PM

I understand this question is 17 months ago but did you ever get the card graded? I have the same one and was considering it myself. I just never knew what I needed to do and as you stated, I don't want it leaving my sight neither.

RE: grading a Kobe Score Board auto? - hercules21 - 03-18-2014 09:02 PM

went to a show where a JSA rep was at. they took the card to grade and then sent it to BGS for me.
(03-18-2014 05:59 PM)jlo138 Wrote:  I understand this question is 17 months ago but did you ever get the card graded? I have the same one and was considering it myself. I just never knew what I needed to do and as you stated, I don't want it leaving my sight neither.

and welcome to the forum

RE: grading a Kobe Score Board auto? - jacobystealshome - 03-22-2014 09:42 AM

there are certain auto sets beckett wont grade without verification from jsa due to the number of fakes