2012 Beckett Secret Santa is READY - Printable Version
+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is READY (/thread-1515272.html)
2012 Beckett Secret Santa is READY - dbroockerd - 10-02-2012 07:51 AM
EDIT: This year's secret Santa is ready. No one else can join now I am sorry. I will be sending it the info later today. I am wait n confirmation from a few of those involved.
Thanks to those who joined.
It's time for this years Secret Santa. This year some rules have changed to help keep everyone feeling equal in the return and make the experience fun for everyone.
Those responding may PM me or rybowski97.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
This years exchange will be a SINGLE card exchange. This means one single card in the package must fit the requirements. You may send additional cards but the SINGLE card is all that is required.
1. Must be an active Beckett member in good standing.
2. Your name must NOT appear in the "Looking for these members" thread.
3. You must have at least 20 perfect feedback or be approved my me. I will not count false negatives against you. I don't care how many posts you have or how long you've been a member etc. I just care that you have proven to be an honest trader.
4. Members with a must send first label may participate but I will require you ship to me first and I will ship on to ensure the item does in fact arrive. Sorry but your labeled for some reason. It's out of my hands.
5. Banned members or suspended members are ineligible.
Here are some rules which MUST be followed in order to participate in this years exchange.
1. Each person who enters must choose a level at which they can send and participate. Each level will be at a different value. You will be paired with another member from the same level. If you have a card you are sending that falls between the catagories it goes to the level below. For example if you card has a sell value of $18 it is a level 1.
Level 1: $13-16 eBay sell value
Level 2: $22-27 eBay sell value
Level 3: $45-55 eBay sell value
Level 4: $95-105 eBay sell value (members choosing this level must insure the package)
2. Each person must PM me a full name and address along with a few ideas of what they collect and are truly interested in having.
TEAM, PLAYER, BRAND ETC THAT YOU COLLECT
3. A date will be selected for each person to have the item mailed by and DC numbers must be sent to me as proof. This is to ensure the items are received in time for the holiday. Canadian shippers or those shipping to Canada must ship sooner.
4. All attempts must be made to send the package in a nice presentable way for the holiday. I know we have to mail but inside the mailer could be a nice look. A gift card box makes for a nice presentable package for a single card. Clean top loaders, team bag etc. Please send the card the way you'd like to receive it.
It's also a good idea to mark the return address as Santa rather than a last name. This keep the secret anonymous.
5. All gifts must be posted on the Secret Santa thread to share with others upon receipt.
6. If anyone has any complications they must contact me ASAP so that I can arrange you be pulled from the swap or arrange for your person to still get a gift.
All Santas will be selected randomly after everyone has joined. The Santas will remain anonymous.
THE DEADLINE TO JOIN IS OCTOBER 31st.
Members who have been approved to join:
Daddys lil all star
RE: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is here - dbroockerd - 10-02-2012 09:06 AM
(10-02-2012 07:51 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: It's time for this years Secret Santa. This year some rules have changed to help keep everyone feeling equal in the return and make the experience fun for everyone.
RE: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is here - stera8 - 10-02-2012 09:10 AM
Sorry I'm new to this..
Lets say for example Level 1 sell value is about $15....does that mean that BV should be around 30, 45?
RE: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is here - dbroockerd - 10-02-2012 09:15 AM
(10-02-2012 09:10 AM)stera8 Wrote: Sorry I'm new to this..
Book value wouldn't matter. Just search eBay and if it's selling in the level one range then your good. It may be a $80 card or a $15 card depending who it is. If its a hot prospect it may be selling for book. If its a guy on a bad yea it may be selling for 25% of book.
RE: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is here - rybowski97 - 10-02-2012 01:37 PM
this is great, everyone feel free to join in, its not about who spends the most lets just make this fun for everyone. Everyone on should know the values of cards, what they trade/ sell for and if there is any questions feel free to ask. Again the most important thing is lets make this FUN for everyone. Most of us wont be getting cards for christmas from the wives/ g/f's so lets take advantage of this.
RE: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is here - dbroockerd - 10-02-2012 09:31 PM
too the top
RE: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is here - dontpray - 10-05-2012 12:28 PM
Bump for gifts
RE: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is here - dbroockerd - 10-10-2012 08:50 AM
No one is joining this year?
RE: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is here - daddys lil all star - 10-10-2012 02:22 PM
Come on everyone lets join in on the fun!
RE: 2012 Beckett Secret Santa is here - mgruber2 - 10-10-2012 03:23 PM
Will we know ahead of time who our recipient is so that we can send a card of a team/player that they collect?
This would be helpful in that I would need to know so that I can make sure I have a card they would be interested in that is in one of the price ranges you described.