Beckett Message Boards
What would you do? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What would you do? (/thread-1515018.html)

Pages: 1 2

What would you do? - awoj - 09-29-2012 07:02 AM

I found a Weatherspoon I need for the PC on this site and the card is only worth $0.15. So for the persons time I offered $5 delivered. It would seem this was too much of a hassle for him to do it for me.

If you had a cheap card that someone was willing to pay premium for just to help them fill their PC would you do that for them? I know I would.

RE: What would you do? - crimedawg47 - 09-29-2012 08:49 AM

If it was .15 id just pwe it to ya.

RE: What would you do? - awoj - 09-29-2012 08:54 AM

(09-29-2012 08:49 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote:  If it was .15 id just pwe it to ya.

I'd be happy with that!! Frustrating cause its a European version of s 92/93 UD card that is hard to come by in Australia

RE: What would you do? - pingbling23 - 09-30-2012 10:52 AM

it sounds like a fair deal, but if it cost around 2.50 for shipping, packaging, and the seller doesnt live close to a post office, it could cost them several dollars in gas to go to and from the post office. if the seller makes a $1 of the sell, that would be fine imo, but it would not be right if they actually were losing money on the sell.

RE: What would you do? - quavis - 09-30-2012 03:04 PM

pwe. itll come back to you ten fold.

RE: What would you do? - jonathani - 09-30-2012 04:26 PM

(09-29-2012 07:02 AM)awoj Wrote:  If you had a cheap card that someone was willing to pay premium for just to help them fill their PC would you do that for them? I know I would.

It would be in the mail as soon as the person asked for it.

JonathanI

RE: What would you do? - arod0770710 - 09-30-2012 04:37 PM

Same here...but I would not PWE...I would still ship like all other cards...penny sleeve/top loader/ and bubble wrap...the persons I have sent free cards for PC know this...I even do DC# just to make sure they get it...Will usually do this when its 2.00 or less on cards...what would be the point in sending someone a pc item if it will be damaged in PWE? Just does not make any sense...LOL!!! Just my opinion.

RE: What would you do? - taffster74 - 09-30-2012 07:04 PM

awoj, let me know which weatherspoon it is - i may have it amongst my doubles. If I do lmk know your addy via pm and I'll send it to you - I'm in australia too.

RE: What would you do? - awoj - 09-30-2012 10:21 PM

(09-30-2012 07:04 PM)taffster74 Wrote:  awoj, let me know which weatherspoon it is - i may have it amongst my doubles. If I do lmk know your addy via pm and I'll send it to you - I'm in australia too.

PM sent, thanks for checking mate Smile

Thanks for everyones responses so far. I dont expect anyone to lose money on a sale, but when you are still making something (even if it is only $1) to help someone fill their main PC player, it should give you some satisfaction.

I am sure when/if this person that doesnt seem to want to sell me the card was ever in my position they would hope the seller would do it for them.

RE: What would you do? - odditycards - 10-01-2012 11:57 AM

LMK what card(s) you search for. I do a TON of European/Int'l issues.
Although bv is really low on these "common" type players/cards, good luck in trying to find them! I know...with Hornacek and Eaton in my Player Collection. Unless big names/stars, my pricing has always been $1/card...sometimes less with multiple purchases.
Current shipping of bubble envelope from US overseas is $1.75 (large envelope rate, no customs).
If I have doubles, you could chance a PWE...but up to you!