Beckett Message Boards
I think i bought a fake auto :( - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: I think i bought a fake auto :( (/thread-1514958.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :( - CowboysFan829488 - 09-29-2012 12:30 PM

if you thought it was odd, why did you bid on it then?

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :( - dow714 - 09-29-2012 12:34 PM

(09-29-2012 12:30 PM)CowboysFan829488 Wrote:  if you thought it was odd, why did you bid on it then?

Very good question...im actually surprised youre the first to ask. I figured if i got it cheap enough it was worth the risk.....and for $18 i think that was cheap enough for this gronk auto. I havent got it in yet so i dont know what it looks like in person. We'll find out.

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :( - nyyankeesfan28 - 09-29-2012 12:43 PM

I agree it looks different, compared to the autograph card that I have of his and the autos in your recent mailday post. Is the card listed on Beckett? Was this card released a sticker autograph? If the answers are no, then it's fake, or an in-person. If it's an in person, then send it in to Beckett. That is what I would do. Just my two cents.

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :( - dow714 - 09-29-2012 12:56 PM

(09-29-2012 12:43 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote:  I agree it looks different, compared to the autograph card that I have of his and the autos in your recent mailday post. Is the card listed on Beckett? Was this card released a sticker autograph? If the answers are no, then it's fake, or an in-person. If it's an in person, then send it in to Beckett. That is what I would do. Just my two cents.

The card is listed in beckett and i have seen legit copies of it that all look the same with exception to the auto being wirtten differently. However they did put out a non auto version of the card which is what got me skeptical.....but the picture he showed of the back shows the panini authentic stamp of approval basically...so until i get it in hand i wont know for sure. Even then it is strange....id like to know the story behind it. The more i hear what people are saying and the more i think about it....it would be hard to fake it if it does have the panini thing on the back...but its still a very odd sig....like did he have someone else sign this one or something lol

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :( - lynellauto - 09-29-2012 01:14 PM

I agree that the auto looks different than others,but I would rest better knowing that the COA is on the back.Like many have said already,some sign thousands at a time and I am sure are distracted at times while signing those.I think you have a great piece!

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :( - 420ramsfan - 09-29-2012 07:05 PM

maybe Gronk signed it different to see if we are paying attention. if its the only card with a sloppy auto, does that make it a 1/1? LOL

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :( - dow714 - 09-30-2012 10:11 AM

(09-29-2012 07:05 PM)420ramsfan Wrote:  maybe Gronk signed it different to see if we are paying attention. if its the only card with a sloppy auto, does that make it a 1/1? LOL

Yea im surprised they didnt list it as an "ebay 1 of 1"

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :( - jonathani - 09-30-2012 04:32 PM

That looks extremely odd, but if someone was going to fake it he probably would not make it look like that!

JonathanI