Beckett Message Boards
Lebron Auto - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Lebron Auto (/thread-1514685.html)

Lebron Auto - TBarn291 - 09-25-2012

Well I finally purchased my first Lebron auto..... I'm not a Lebron collector and was kind of suprised to see that almost all of his autos on ebay were $300 or more. I bought the 2010-11 Ultimate Rivalries Lebron/McGrady for $200. Any opinions on the price? Is it possible to find Lebron autos under $200? Anyways... it is available for trade but it would have to be for something serious for my PC. If anyone thinks I got a bad deal let me know... wasn't really sure what I was doing when buying the card kind of happened on an impulse. Heres the pic let me know what you think.

[Image: LebronJamesAuto_zpse73dd70c.jpg]

RE: Lebron Auto - got watcha want - 09-25-2012

I don't think you did bad. You didn't get the "steal of the month" on ebay with that buy, but it could sell higher to the right buyer.

RE: Lebron Auto - TBarn291 - 09-25-2012

Lol yah I didn't figure it was the "steal of the month" since the card only books at $200. Can you tell me, is mine valued at $200 or $250? When I change the grading to the 9.5 in my organize it makes the conditional value N/A. Any suggestions on any "NICE" Lebron autos that can be attained for a reasonable price? Also I'm finally in a position to try and add the "essential" piece of my collection, a Jordan auto. I need help, I've never bought/sold a Jordan auto and am not quite sure what kind of price to look for or what would be a good card to go after?? Any suggestions would be great!?!?!?

RE: Lebron Auto - nickm1123 - 09-25-2012

A good way to determine prices of such cards is looking at the completed auctions on Ebay. That gives you a good idea as to what these types of cards go for. If you need help finding this option, let me know. From my knowledge, a MJ auto will be 400+ and in most circumstances the high end of 400.

RE: Lebron Auto - sonic311 - 09-25-2012

Congrats on the Lebron auto and best of luck in your search for your 1st Jordan auto.
I attained my 1st one a couple months ago and submitted it for grading. I'll be getting it back this weekend.
It all depends on your likes and dislikes when it comes to buying a Jordan auto. For example, does it matter if it's a sticker auto, he's in a Bulls Jersey (or not)?
I got my Jordan auto at a good price (I think), got it for $400 and it is coming back graded BGS 9 /10 auto.

Wow! $400 to $500 would be great it seems like a lot of the ones I see on ebay are always up in the thousands. Definitely want the bulls uniform, I would prefer on card auto but could settle for sticker. That is a good point though I hadn't thought about that. In response to Nick, I had been looking at random Lebron autos off and on debating on whether I wanted one or not, the seller had a BIN of $299 or B/O, so on a impulse I just sent an offer of $200 and it was automatically accepted. Afterwards I looked at ended auctions but couldn't find one for this card. With most players I'm comfortable with my buying knowledge, but when it comes to Kobe, Lebron, or Jordan I never know what is a fair/good price to spend.

RE: Lebron Auto - hgyt - 09-25-2012

why is the card called rivalries?? they never played eachother in high school,

I honestly have no clue

RE: Lebron Auto - jpleazme805 - 09-25-2012

that is a good price... I'm not a fan of college cards....

I have a Derrick Rose Press Pass auto /165 that I can sell cheap...

How cheap you talking and what about those two preferred autos I needed?

(09-25-2012, 09:14 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: that is a good price... I'm not a fan of college cards....

I have a Derrick Rose Press Pass auto /165 that I can sell cheap...