Beckett Message Boards
CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - WINNER - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - WINNER (/thread-1512764.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - WINNER - alanch - 09-04-2012

With the start of the NFL regular season just around the corner and some new rookies or free agent pickups not having cards yet this year, I am holding a contest for some custom cards that can be used for seeking TTM Autographs. The contest winner will receive 9 custom cards of any player(s) that they would like, a sample TTM request letter, and I will also provide team/player addresses if I have access to them.

I did one of these contests last season and it seemed to go over well so I decided to do one again.

I will have the winner of the contest let me know the specifics of what players/teams they are looking for. If you are looking for a specific uniform, picture, etc. I can usually figure something out as long as there is a workable picture (300x300 minimum) available on the internet or from you. These cards usually work best for former players and less popular players that don't have many actual cards.

Please keep in mind that these cards are printed on photo paper from a laser jet printer and are cut with a paper cutter, so some photos/lettering turn out somewhat fuzzy or pixelated from time to time and the edges/corners aren't always flawless.

Prior to shipping the customs out, I will contact the winning member to make sure everything is correct with the designs. Below is a scan of some of the customs that I have made and gotten back from both past and present players. The cards for the contest winner will be the same design with a player photo and team logo.

So what is the contest?

Name the Packer player in the photo below.

I will provide hints every hour or so until someone guesses correctly.

[Image: PhotoContest.jpg]

HINT 1: Player was a member of the Packers roster (Preseason, Regular Season, or Postseason) sometime in the past 20 years.

HINT 2: Player also spent time in NFL Europe.

HINT 3: Player only appeared in 1 game (Preseason, Regular Season, or Postseason) for the Packers.

HINT 4: The NFL Europe team this player played for was the Rhein Fire.

HINT 5: The 1 game that this player played for the Packers was a preseason game in August, 1998 against the Kansas City Chiefs on foreign soil.

HINT 6: He was one of two Japanese players signed by the Packers prior to their preseason game against the Chiefs in Tokyo, Japan.

RE: CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - mattfastiggi - 09-04-2012

Allen Rossum baby!
Hmmm....or Marques Anderson - hard to tell from photo Tongue

RE: CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - onemanstanding - 09-04-2012

figured out its Atari Bigby?

RE: CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - alanch - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 02:45 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: Allen Rossum baby!
Hmmm....or Marques Anderson - hard to tell from photo Tongue

Nope, neither of them, but good guesses! Photo isn't the best quality. Sorry! Was tough to find one that was in good shape. Hint #2 has been added to 1st post.
(09-04-2012, 03:05 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: Kerry Cooks?

Nope, good try. Zeroing in on the correct time frame though.

RE: CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - swjrp10 - 09-04-2012

Atari Bigby?

RE: CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - onemanstanding - 09-04-2012

Guess was updated

RE: CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - pawpawdiv9 - 09-04-2012

1993 Kevin William ???
if not its DB Kerry Cooks

All good guesses, but none correct so far. I actually learned something through the contest though. I only remebered Kerry Cooks wearing 45 for the Packers, but I do see that he wore 20 as well.

Incorrect Answers as of this post:
Atari Bigby
Allen Rossum
Kerry Cooks
Kevin Williams (RB)
Marques Anderson

Read both hints carefully and keep the guesses coming!

RE: CONTEST: Custom Cards for TTM's - Name This Packer - younglover - 09-04-2012

Martin Dossett?
(09-04-2012, 04:07 PM)younglover Wrote: Martin Dossett? Cullen Jenkins?

Deandrew Rubin?
Alvin Nnabuife?

(09-04-2012, 04:07 PM)younglover Wrote: Martin Dossett?

Deandrew Rubin?
Alvin Nnabuife?

Nope, good guesses though.