Beckett Message Boards
20% off all cards at Meijer - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: 20% off all cards at Meijer (/thread-1512225.html)

Pages: 1 2

20% off all cards at Meijer - madmack29 - 08-30-2012

For anyone that lives near a Meijer store - all cards are 20% off this week. Mostly blasters and not much hockey in the Grand Haven MI area, but I have seen some other areas stocked full recently.

Nathan

RE: 20% off all cards at Meijer - hockeynick1721 - 08-30-2012

Thanks for the heads up. Is any new 12-13 stuff out yet?

RE: 20% off all cards at Meijer - phildo37 - 08-30-2012

man, I remember when Meijer had full boxes at great prices.. I remember picking up a box of 99-00 OPC Chrome for $19.99... then, many years later, I saw full boxes of 96-97 Leaf Limited for like $69.99.. HA!

RE: 20% off all cards at Meijer - madmack29 - 08-30-2012

Was there tonight. New Blasters and Rack Packs of Score and OPC.

They sometimes have full retail boxes of older stuff and very rarely hobby boxes of older stuff. I picked up a couple of hobby boxes of 08-09 UD a while back for I think $19.99 each. For a long time the Meijer in Grand Haven MI had several boxes of 95-96 Select Certified. I was tempted to pick one up, but they wanted $59.99 for it.

RE: 20% off all cards at Meijer - phildo37 - 08-30-2012

They seem to do that now... get old boxes of cool stuff and want 3x more than what they should be charging. Just because it was $60 a box when it was new, doesn't mean it should be $60 a box 17 years later

RE: 20% off all cards at Meijer - Optimus_Prime - 08-31-2012

Was at our local meijer last night (washington Twp) saw the 20% off. They had a few blasters of 12-13 score and 12-13 UD, still had a few blasters of 11-12 UD at full price. Other than that, not much else. Never is much else anymore. I'll be lucky to even see hockey boxes in my area.

My first set chase was 2007-08 Ultra. I can remember going into meijer and seeing 20-30 boxes on the bottom shelf at 40% off. I bought 30 boxes of ultra from various meijer for 7.99 because of the 20% off sale and discounted price. Now, there is only a few boxes discounted. I wonder where they all go.

My wife saw one of those boxes of select certified and pick it up for me. She said it looked like it was on the back shelf since it came out. All dusty, (still in manufacture plastic) neglected, hidden behind boxes. she said i had to have that box because of the mystery behind it. It's like finding an old trunk in the attic she said. It rang up at 39.99 even though it said it was 59.99 . So that helped. What didn't help was not finding anymore boxes and me being in love with the set trying to finish it. (thanks phil for the help thus far Smile

RE: 20% off all cards at Meijer - hockeynick1721 - 08-31-2012

I almost stopped at the Meijer at Rochester and Auburn on the way to work this morning. I think I'll hit it on the way home.

RE: 20% off all cards at Meijer - Optimus_Prime - 08-31-2012

(08-31-2012, 10:16 AM)hockeynick1721 Wrote: I almost stopped at the Meijer at Rochester and Auburn on the way to work this morning. I think I'll hit it on the way home.

Let me know what you found. I'm desperate to break a box lately.

RE: 20% off all cards at Meijer - hockeynick1721 - 08-31-2012

(08-31-2012, 10:17 AM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: Let me know what you found. I'm desperate to break a box lately.

They only had 12/13 OPC and Score Blasters and Fat Packs plus the 16pk variety boxes. I wanted to try the OPC but there is no shot at those Team Patch cards in retail. So I went with a blaster of Score and a variety box. The variety box held a Giroux Victory rc and 20 other inserts worth $2. The Score Blaster held two Malkin Golds, Lidstrom Gold (PC), Silvferberg Gold rc, Schwartz rc, Iginla Franchise, Landeskog First Goal, and others. This years score is not as cool as the last two years. But the photography has a cool effect to it, kind of like a sketch.

RE: 20% off all cards at Meijer - madmack29 - 09-01-2012

(08-31-2012, 08:22 AM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: Now, there is only a few boxes discounted. I wonder where they all go.

Meijer used to manage this area and didn't know much about cards apparently because they left everything out and just brought in new stuff. Now the company that sells them the cards keeps it stocked (like almost everything else). I see the lady in Grand Haven at least removing older stuff for new, but like you said very little hockey. The Holland store still gets the Red Wings Championship blasters that give you a graded card and packs. These are now "clearance" priced at 25% off. I am such a sucker for them and usually buy one when they are there. Right now the discounted "clearance" priced boxes are from a couple years ago - Contenders Football, Upper Deck Basketball, Upper Deck Football and some other Basketball - at least around here. I bought a box of the Contenders Football (guaranteed auto hit) for $14 and pulled a $100 rookie auto.

Good luck and I hope you all find at least some decent hockey where you are located.