Beckett Message Boards
Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed (/thread-1511387.html)

Pages: 1 2

Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - Daniel8sot - 08-22-2012 02:03 PM

After seeing exquisite if you had the choice would yall do national treasures or exquisite for 2011? Thanks.

RE: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - robsvideos - 08-22-2012 03:19 PM

I would do NT. because exquisite is upper deck and doesnt have the nfl licensing. And I'd rather have an nfl product than ncaa.

RE: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - arod1973 - 08-22-2012 03:21 PM

I really like Exquisite this year but have to go with an NFL product over NCAA everytime..

RE: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - uwash97 - 08-22-2012 03:38 PM

Generally speaking the NFL products are better long term, but since I'm a college team collector I enjoy the Upper Deck products. Hate the fact that they ripped the NCAA license from Press Pass and Sage, though... Sad

RE: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - najay - 08-22-2012 03:52 PM

Personally I liked Exquisite more, but NFL licencing

RE: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - sensei322 - 08-22-2012 04:21 PM

Here are some pros and cons for you. I chose Exquisite...

National Treasures = Stickers on everything except RPAs
Exquisite = On-Card Autos on everything

National Treasures = RPA is NOT guaranteed
Exquisite = RPA is guaranteed and 1 in 3 boxes gets TWO

National Treasures = between $400-$500
Exquisite = between $500-$600

RE: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - ugameck - 08-22-2012 04:46 PM

(08-22-2012 03:38 PM)uwash97 Wrote:  Generally speaking the NFL products are better long term, but since I'm a college team collector I enjoy the Upper Deck products. Hate the fact that they ripped the NCAA license from Press Pass and Sage, though... Sad

Everything he said....since I'm more a collegiate collector.

RE: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - Daniel8sot - 08-22-2012 08:55 PM

Thanks guys that makes sense I'd rather have nfl license but i love the tradition of the exquisite rookie patch auto, and i know why sensei said exquisite that dalton shadowbox was sweet.

RE: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - bigtrip18 - 08-22-2012 09:07 PM

I'd go Exquisite, it's basically a best-of of high end UD products. You've got some shadowbox, some UD Black, and the booklets look a lot better, plus all on-card autos, the drawback is that its still the Cam Newton class, but oh well.

RE: Exquisite or national treasures? Opinions needed - sensei322 - 08-22-2012 09:19 PM

(08-22-2012 08:55 PM)Daniel8sot Wrote:  Thanks guys that makes sense I'd rather have nfl license but i love the tradition of the exquisite rookie patch auto, and i know why sensei said exquisite that dalton shadowbox was sweet.

I went with Exquisite because they offered on card autos and guaranteed me an RPA. I had no idea the shadow cards existed when I bought my box. I purchased NT last year and absolutely BOMBED with not a single on card auto or RPA.

If I'm spending 400-500 I better damn well be guaranteed a rookie patch auto. And some on card autos. That's why I prefer Exquisite.