Beckett Message Boards
Real Durant Autograph? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Real Durant Autograph? (/thread-1511109.html)

Real Durant Autograph? - drtithof - 08-20-2012

Does this Durant auto look real? I have not found very many of his autographs with his number on them. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-PANINI-NATIONAL-WRAPPER-REDEMTION-KEVIN-DURANT-AUTOGRAPH-CARD-W-COA-/280941978442?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D130743068994%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1462605973242768613

RE: Real Durant Autograph? - jpleazme805 - 08-20-2012

Hard to tell... sold way too cheap if it was real...

I would stay away from it!!

The issuer of the COA is a third party. The COA is not from Panini... it was from "unlimited autographs" Company is to vague.. doesn't say who they actually are or who authenticated the auto.. it just has an unreadable signature. COA doesn't say anything about Panini endorsing that auto.

When was the last day of the 2012 National Convention?

I hate when people say it is the "only one signed", but there is no serial number.... the COA doesn't mention anything about being "the only one signed" nor is it serialized 1/1..

Too many unanswered questions... then the card looked like it has slight damage near the top of the card.. possible chipping?

after checking a few of the seller's other cards..... they are all questionable..

Every autograph certification sticker looks the same, just different serial numbers...
All his COA's are by the same company, "Unlimited Autographs"

maybe the seller works for them, or knows somebody there, or knows he can get autos certified for very cheap, unlike PSA/JSA/DNA certified autos...

Check out the seller's Tim Hardaway Absolute /499 auto... the COA says it is "guaranteed" and "signature of seller" Is it the seller of the auction? I don't know who the seller of the COA is...??

Other cards seller has listed which have COA's do not mention what company or person certified that the autos are real.

Hard to say if the autos are fake or not.. but the COA's are questionable & unreliable. I do not think the company "Unlimited Autographs" is trustworthy. Just my opinion.

Wonder how much does Unlimited Autographs pay the players to have cards that were not originally certified as having an autograph on them? How about players that have contracts to only sign their products (i.e. Kevin Durant & Panini).

RE: Real Durant Autograph? - rjcj2017 - 08-20-2012

Yeah, anybody with Photoshop or Office can make a nice COA, sign the card themselves and sell it ...

RE: Real Durant Autograph? - Vols-1 - 08-21-2012

If you check the sellers other other auctions it should be the first clue something is wrong.

RE: Real Durant Autograph? - drtithof - 08-21-2012

(08-21-2012, 12:18 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: If you check the sellers other other auctions it should be the first clue something is wrong.

Hahaha. Good point. I think my favorite one he has is the Torii Hunter "Spiderman"

RE: Real Durant Autograph? - kenarm79 - 08-21-2012

It's no real hard to notice that his auctions are fake. The penmanship is the same on all of the autos. None of them look fluid.

RE: Real Durant Autograph? - crimedawg47 - 08-21-2012

My 6 month old daughter could have done better on some of those. Every single one where the number is also signed is in about the same spot relative to the signature......c'mon man

RE: Real Durant Autograph? - jpleazme805 - 08-21-2012

I questioned the seller about his Tim Hardaway auto & another one, but he was not sure who authenticated it... These are the two companies the seller said they use... if you go to the Unlimited Autographs website, it does not have a lot of information on it... if I was a grading and/or authentication company.. I would have tons of pictures posted of different cards that my company graded or had authenticated... i.e. signature was done in front of one of my employers.. but the seller in question on this thread, has a lot of questionable items... the might be legit, but in my opinion, the COA's are not trust worthy. All the authentic stickers look the same, the pens used for the autos look similar, the COA certifications are questionable... most do not list the person's name that authenticated the signature as real/authentic... nor does it list the address of the company that authenticated it... sounds like a lawsuit in the making..

Unlimited Autographs In Tampa FL & ISA International Sports Authentication in New Hudson MI