Beckett Message Boards
How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) (/thread-1510529.html)

Pages: 1 2

How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - stera8 - 08-15-2012

last week somebody had a thread on here about packsearchers. I never understood it so I figured I'd google it. Also since last time I went to Target I saw some packs ripped open

http://youtu.be/z-fNPDqOyU0

For those of you who dont feel like watching.. just watch it

but THE GUY PULLED A 1/1 ABE LINCOLN CUT SIGNATURE

that makes me so mad ugh like I would love to pull that being a future history teacher and all..

seriously just annoys me...I know this has been posted before but I just had to rant

RE: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - thelegendjerryrice - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 10:22 AM)stera8 Wrote: last week somebody had a thread on here about packsearchers. I never understood it so I figured I'd google it. Also since last time I went to Target I saw some packs ripped open

http://youtu.be/z-fNPDqOyU0

For those of you who dont feel like watching.. just watch it

but THE GUY PULLED A 1/1 ABE LINCOLN CUT SIGNATURE

that makes me so mad ugh like I would love to pull that being a future history teacher and all..

seriously just annoys me...I know this has been posted before but I just had to rant

Just about anyone would have liked to pull that. But who knows If YOU would have lol

I am kinda on the fence about this.
Yeah he is thanking a pack searching site...
But he did pay for the rack pack.... But did use techniques I guess you can say.

Bank LOL you know that is going RIGHT to the bay !!!!!!!!!!!

RE: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - stera8 - 08-15-2012

To me if I was at target in the small aisle pack searchering I would feel as if I was that jerk stealing the Reeses out of my child's halloween bucket

RE: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - elberson - 08-15-2012

I personally think all pack searchers should be shot. They are taking all the fun and excitement away from collectors. It's to the point were all cards should be locked up behind the counter of stores.

RE: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - stera8 - 08-15-2012

for as long as i can remember I always take the second to last pack on the right hand side haha looking at my org you can tell I'm not that lucky haha

RE: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - capncush - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 11:02 AM)stera8 Wrote: for as long as i can remember I always take the second to last pack on the right hand side haha looking at my org you can tell I'm not that lucky haha

Haha. That was always where the nice card in the star wars card game was.

RE: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - acevanquish - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 11:06 AM)capncush Wrote: Haha. That was always where the nice card in the star wars card game was.

I remember selling a bunch of my Cal Ripken jr cards in '98 to get packs of those and today I sold 1 lot of Star Wars CCG to get baseball again :|

RE: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - chevy man 22 - 08-15-2012

doesn't make me mad at all because pack searchers don't do anything that I couldn't do if I wanted to so therefore I don't feel it's a huge advantage.

Some might call what I do pack searching also as I have a in with the guy that stocks the cards and know what day he's going to be there so I can get first crack. I will buy the top 3, middle 3, and bottom 3 packs from both sides of the box and it's worked out pretty well. I don't feel up the packs or run my finger nail along the edges or stuff like that I just simply play the percentages and what I pull is what I pull. Sometimes it works out great sometimes not so much. But I've always heard the best way to win the lotto is to play the same numbers over and over and over and that's what I do buying the same number of packs from the same spot every single time.

RE: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - kollectornet - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 01:17 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: doesn't make me mad at all because pack searchers don't do anything that I couldn't do if I wanted to so therefore I don't feel it's a huge advantage.

Some might call what I do pack searching also as I have a in with the guy that stocks the cards and know what day he's going to be there so I can get first crack. I will buy the top 3, middle 3, and bottom 3 packs from both sides of the box and it's worked out pretty well. I don't feel up the packs or run my finger nail along the edges or stuff like that I just simply play the percentages and what I pull is what I pull. Sometimes it works out great sometimes not so much. But I've always heard the best way to win the lotto is to play the same numbers over and over and over and that's what I do buying the same number of packs from the same spot every single time.

I don't feel what you are doing wrong. I think about pack searcher who pull out a scale and weigh packs, feel up packs and stuff like that. It is totally cheating. I stopped buying retail because of that. I learned my lesson two years ago when the bowman packs I bought were partially slit. Somebody was looking for the purple refractors and autos out of boxes sitting at target.

RE: How mad does this make you? (Packsearchers video) - diablo71 - 08-15-2012

Yes i think most people would agree pack searchers are Dill Holes, but my bigger issue is why dont the card compnaies come up with a better way of packaging... I saw some retail packs the other day that were encased in a hard plastic package so only way to search would be to open the hard plastic which would be nearly impossible to reseal. maybe its a start.

But yes pack searchers suck hard core..