Beckett Message Boards
Shoulda stuck with Panini - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Shoulda stuck with Panini (/thread-1510455.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Shoulda stuck with Panini - irbecards32 - 08-14-2012

Well I did it again, gave upper deck a chance and ended up kicking myself. Went to the card shop with an itch to spend and was thinking of buying another box of Anthology or ordering a box of Crown Royale from dacs, but then I saw Ultimate Collection and thought hmmm, 1 pack for $100, theres gotta be something nice in that even if its a no name player.... Ehhhhh Nope. Shoulda went with Anthology or CR. I bought 1 pack of Anthology and got an Oveckkin/Malkin dual jersey draft year combo. That 1 pack with 1 unnumbered insert was worth more then the $100 box of upper deck poo poo

Every box of upper deck products ive bought this year has been complete and utter garbage - with the exception of 2 Artifacts boxes.

I really dont understand why people perfer upperdeck products over panini products. Even if you arent in the selling business, you get so much more bang for your buck with Panini. And yes I understand some boxes are duds but I can honestly say my worst box of anything panini, has been better then my best box of anything upperdeck. Not only does the UD product suck, but there customer service & redemption time sucks too.

No more UD for me... Waiting for Panini Prime to come out or sticking with Anthology & CR...

-end rant

RE: Shoulda stuck with Panini - mgl88 - 08-14-2012

What did you end up getting in that poo-poo box ?
moi

RE: Shoulda stuck with Panini - irbecards32 - 08-14-2012

Auto - Rick MacLeish... Who?? If your gonna have retro autos, why include players like this (who I never heard of) in a high end product?? Save the bums for low tier...
Rookie - Carl Sneep... ummmm
Jersey - Teemu Hartikaien

Box value, $5-$7... $7 if someone pays $5 for the Hart jersey, which I dont see happening after looking at prices on ebay

RE: Shoulda stuck with Panini - hckydv7 - 08-14-2012

(08-14-2012, 02:10 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Auto - Rick MacLeish... Who?? If your gonna have retro autos, why include players like this (who I never heard of) in a high end product?? Save the bums for low tier...
Rookie - Carl Sneep... ummmm
Jersey - Teemu Hartikaien

Box value, $5-$7... $7 if someone pays $5 for the Hart jersey, which I dont see happening after looking at prices on ebay

Actually if you check the bay you the Macleish retro auto has been going for 15.00 on average-- Ask a Flyers fan who he was -- was one of their most important players on their Stanley Cup Camps.

RE: Shoulda stuck with Panini - bonnev659 - 08-14-2012

ouch

sorry to hear about that

but you win some and lose some

next time

RE: Shoulda stuck with Panini - rippinwax - 08-14-2012

Oh I know. If you think you did bad, I just cracked a case and 6 boxes (21 packs) and I got severley ar'ed. I am absolutely shocked at the return on investment. I cruised through e bay to see how bad it was and don't even think I can list the cards and put the effort into it. Probably took about an $1500.00 hit. Not even a sniff of a Nuge or anyone big. Cody Eakin rookie auto was my case hit unless its my Couturier Team Canada dual patch. Did also get a Roy Ultimate Signatrures so maybe thats it. 6 redemptions also for nobodies. Not one auto rookie jersey or patch either. One Landeskog rookie debut patch one color #/100 and also a Franzen Premium Patch with no patch in it. Horrible, horrible horrible. I never never learn. Sorry to hijack.

RE: Shoulda stuck with Panini - josiahcecil - 08-14-2012

dang sorry to hear fellas

RE: Shoulda stuck with Panini - dam1057 - 08-14-2012

I'll take the MacLeish off your hands if you want.

RE: Shoulda stuck with Panini - irbecards32 - 08-14-2012

(08-14-2012, 07:50 PM)rippinwax Wrote: Oh I know. If you think you did bad, I just cracked a case and 6 boxes (21 packs) and I got severley ar'ed. I am absolutely shocked at the return on investment. I cruised through e bay to see how bad it was and don't even think I can list the cards and put the effort into it. Probably took about an $1500.00 hit. Not even a sniff of a Nuge or anyone big. Cody Eakin rookie auto was my case hit unless its my Couturier Team Canada dual patch. Did also get a Roy Ultimate Signatrures so maybe thats it. 6 redemptions also for nobodies. Not one auto rookie jersey or patch either. One Landeskog rookie debut patch one color #/100 and also a Franzen Premium Patch with no patch in it. Horrible, horrible horrible. I never never learn. Sorry to hijack.

That doesnt sound that bad, until you think about, 5 decent cards out of 21 & $1500 and then you slowly start to feel the kick to the **LLs... Even if you search Ultimate on ebay then sort em by highest prices first, the return value isnt realy as high as I thought it would be on the low number patches etc... I would think a set that is $100 per pack would have tons of subsets with low seriel numbers #/5, #/10, #/20's... I am utterly shocked that this is marketed as a high tier product

And no need to apologize bout the hijack, Id love to hear more upper deck horror stories. All I ever seem to read is panini bashing and I dont understand why.

RE: Shoulda stuck with Panini - rippinwax - 08-15-2012

(08-14-2012, 10:52 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: That doesnt sound that bad, until you think about, 5 decent cards out of 21 & $1500 and then you slowly start to feel the kick to the **LLs... Even if you search Ultimate on ebay then sort em by highest prices first, the return value isnt realy as high as I thought it would be on the low number patches etc... I would think a set that is $100 per pack would have tons of subsets with low seriel numbers #/5, #/10, #/20's... I am utterly shocked that this is marketed as a high tier product

And no need to apologize bout the hijack, Id love to hear more upper deck horror stories. All I ever seem to read is panini bashing and I dont understand why.

Well I am bewildered as I went over the 21 boxes and $2100.00 later and can honestly say this is the worst I have ever done cracking wax. I mean if this is UD's idea of a Premium Patch then I cannot wait for Prime and Dominion from Panini. It seems like it does every year, they save all the really nice stuff for The Cup. Nice patch hey.........

[Image: Franzen.jpg]