Beckett Message Boards
Beckett Prices - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Misc. (/forum-43.html)
+--- Forum: Help Forum (/forum-65.html)
+--- Thread: Beckett Prices (/thread-1510013.html)

Beckett Prices - john lamica - 08-10-2012 12:25 PM

I am A Little Confused, As eveyone, that I have traded with, knows my cards are in MINT (9) condition, with a few exception that I have marked as less. Like most of the users I have traded with. It is my understanding from other Beckett users, that no more than a (8) should be used unless they are graded by BECKETT. Is 8 the highest a non - graded card should be listed as. Please someone clear up my confusion. Cannot find the answer to this question on the first 6 pages of the help forum. Got tired of looking. thanks John

RE: Beckett Prices - woody555 - 08-11-2012 11:12 AM

(08-10-2012 12:25 PM)john lamica Wrote:  I am A Little Confused, As eveyone, that I have traded with, knows my cards are in MINT (9) condition, with a few exception that I have marked as less. Like most of the users I have traded with. It is my understanding from other Beckett users, that no more than a (8) should be used unless they are graded by BECKETT. Is 8 the highest a non - graded card should be listed as. Please someone clear up my confusion. Cannot find the answer to this question on the first 6 pages of the help forum. Got tired of looking. thanks John

John,
I found this little bit of information, but I am sure there exists a much larger discussion somewhere that explains why and when the "new" default became an 8. Maybe someone else can supply additional info.

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1489475.html?highlight=default+condition

RE: Beckett Prices - pingbling23 - 08-14-2012 06:13 PM

i mark all my cards 9 unless its obvious they deserve otherwise. probably 98% of the cards i add to my org now are pack pulled by me and taken care of, therefore, i do not think i am deceiving anyone by marking them as mint. i wish beckett didnt change the structure of default grades and pricing, its cause quite a bit of confuision lately.

RE: Beckett Prices - gamblersheaven - 08-28-2012 12:03 AM

You can list them however you want, but when trading with someone who uses default, they will add 25% to their side or remove 25% from your side. The difference in NM to Mint is 25%. The magazine has always used NM in their prices, so I think they changed it so both would be in line. Also, do you think every card you open would get at least a 9 if you send it in for grading? More than likely not, I know I've seen cards I would think would get a 9 or better and they end up being 8.5 or worse. Whatever you mark them as, other traders usually adjust by the 25% or they can just change the cards you want to trade for to Mint to match your cards.