Beckett Message Boards
Need Help with Vintage Cards - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Need Help with Vintage Cards (/thread-1509178.html)

Pages: 1 2

Need Help with Vintage Cards - dbacks08 - 08-03-2012

My mom saw these "old cards" at a garage sale and bought them for me for $10 - what she thought was a good price. I don't know enough about vintage stuff to know how good a condition these are actually in or how much they might be worth - especially the autographed ones. Can anyone give me some help?

[Image: cards-1.jpg]

This is currently the best photo I have since mom's in a different state than me, but she's sending the cards to me so I'll be able to take better individual pics shortly.

RE: Need Help with Vintage Cards - rpspenner - 08-03-2012

Those all look pretty incredible, and I'm insanely jealous! Big Grin The Dysdale RC is really off center, but you can't go wrong at all for the price. Looking at the pic, the Drysdale auto looks good, as does the Duke, although the "S" looks kind of different. If you decide to move any of the Dodgers, especially the Dukes or Dysdales, please let me know. Tell mom she did an awesome job!

EDIT: Actually, the more I look at the Duke auto, the more curious I am about it. I don't think it's a fake, but I am curoius about when he signed it. He's always had a very classy, easy to read signature, but it really deteriorated later in his life. This one's clean, but still different than any of the autos that I have.

RE: Need Help with Vintage Cards - minitracer - 08-03-2012

I have a Drysdale auto and that one looks good to me. Would be interested in trading for the 57 Drysdale please check me. Always wanted his RC. Pm me I would like to work somthing out. Also interested in a Koufax.

RE: Need Help with Vintage Cards - dbacks08 - 08-03-2012

(08-03-2012, 12:17 AM)rpspenner Wrote: Those all look pretty incredible, and I'm insanely jealous! Big Grin The Dysdale RC is really off center, but you can't go wrong at all for the price. Looking at the pic, the Drysdale auto looks good, as does the Duke, although the "S" looks kind of different. If you decide to move any of the Dodgers, especially the Dukes or Dysdales, please let me know. Tell mom she did an awesome job!

EDIT: Actually, the more I look at the Duke auto, the more curious I am about it. I don't think it's a fake, but I am curoius about when he signed it. He's always had a very classy, easy to read signature, but it really deteriorated later in his life. This one's clean, but still different than any of the autos that I have.

Thanks! I'll probably end up trying to sell them after I get them and admire the vintage (except the Nolan Ryan... I may just keep that one).
Whoever just tried to PM me, I just cleared my inbox, so you can try again.

RE: Need Help with Vintage Cards - minitracer - 08-03-2012

Got you message. GL you should get some good $ for those! Your mailbox is full so you have to empty it.

(08-03-2012, 12:54 AM)minitracer Wrote: Got you message. GL you should get some good $ for those! Your mailbox is full so you have to empty it.

I did, thanks.

RE: Need Help with Vintage Cards - magneto2 - 08-03-2012

Man nice vintage!

RE: Need Help with Vintage Cards - goldglovessu21 - 08-03-2012

10 bucks for the whole lot?!? WOW....your mom did you good! that is nice nice stuff!..its like a once in a lifetime type find at a garage sale...unbelievable

Just all in timing and luck... it's way fun to go to estate sales and try to get some killer deals on cool stuff.

I also picked up a 1998 Japan All-Star Series Team USA-signed baseball at a garage sale once. $2.00. The players on the ball were:

Manager Mike "The Human Rain Delay" Hargrove
Pitching Coach Leo Mazzone
Coach Cookie Rojas
Coach Rich Dauer
Sammy Sosa
Carlos Delgado
Rick Helling
Trevor Hoffman
Greg Vaughn
Dan Plesac
Javy Lopez
Tom "Flash" Gordon
Kevin Millwood
BJ Surhoff
Billy Wagner
Jason Kendall
Garret Anderson
Nomar Garciaparra
Jason Giambi
Devon White
Curt Schilling
Brett Tomko
Damion Easley
Al Leiter
Jamie Moyer
Andruw Jones
and Mike Jackson

[Image: 1998_Ball_Photos_001.jpg]

RE: Need Help with Vintage Cards - goldglovessu21 - 08-03-2012

timing and luck sure....but something like that, will NEVER happen happen to me. i have the worst luck ever, but im ok w it...ive learned to enjoy others' luck vicariously Wink