Beckett Message Boards
Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? (/thread-1509157.html)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - pyr0punk - 08-02-2012

marked cards f/t as 10mint that arent graded to get a couple extra bv in trade? Anyone else noticing this as being more and more of a trend ? and just being straight up cheap?

RE: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - aktlingit - 08-02-2012

Yeah I noticed it on a few people who proposed trades to me. I haven't actually worked out a deal with anyone who has done this though.

To be fair to at least one of them, I noticed they had also marked many of their cards lower than the default 8 to indicate they were scuffed and such.

RE: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - krn001 - 08-02-2012

(08-02-2012, 08:53 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: marked cards f/t as 10mint that arent graded to get a couple extra bv in trade? Anyone else noticing this as being more and more of a trend ? and just being straight up cheap?

I don't think some people realize they need to adjust the grade in the org. Was it a 9 or 10 default for awhile when adding to organizers? I still have some showing at 9 that i haven't sorted yet & that was adding cards from the opg.

RE: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - pyr0punk - 08-02-2012

ive never had a card i added to org. be anything other then 8. ive traded with people and THOSE cards show up as whatever the other person had them graded as but thats the only time anything in my org has been higher then 8

RE: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - iconms - 08-02-2012

I don't think this is a trend. This is people who weren't aware of the change in pricing that took place months back and haven't made the change to their ORGs. Its kind of obvious when you see it so I don't think too many people will get duped.

RE: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - aktlingit - 08-02-2012

(08-02-2012, 09:12 PM)krn001 Wrote: I don't think some people realize they need to adjust the grade in the org. Was it a 9 or 10 default for awhile when adding to organizers? I still have some showing at 9 that i haven't sorted yet & that was adding cards from the opg.

One thing I've noticed is if you duplicate a card in your ORG the condition gets set to a 9 in the duplicate record. Not sure how many people use duplicate though. I found it by accident really.

RE: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - manningsecnumbr1fan - 08-02-2012

I got my settings on default which adds my cards in as NrMT-MT.

RE: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - krn001 - 08-02-2012

(08-02-2012, 09:54 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: ive never had a card i added to org. be anything other then 8. ive traded with people and THOSE cards show up as whatever the other person had them graded as but thats the only time anything in my org has been higher then 8

A few months ago the add card feature from the opg was incorrectly adding the wrong grade (9), there were numerous posts regarding this & was a heads up for people to adjust the org grading.

RE: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - uvaspina - 08-02-2012

Yeah, I don't think it's intentional. Mostly guys who never fixed it after Beckett changed the default. It's usually pretty easy to eyeball it and readjust the correct value.

RE: Anyone else find this pretty cheap? - pyr0punk - 08-02-2012

(08-02-2012, 10:25 PM)krn001 Wrote: A few months ago the add card feature from the opg was incorrectly adding the wrong grade (9), there were numerous posts regarding this & was a heads up for people to adjust the org grading.

ah that clears things up a bit thanks Big Grin