Beckett Message Boards
my dilemma card help - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: my dilemma card help (/thread-1508626.html)

Pages: 1 2

my dilemma card help - waynetalger - 07-28-2012

I pulled a Ian Kinsler rip card. Now I am a Rangers collector and he playing for the Rangers and the card is 20/50
Is there a way to take the card out from inside the card itself without too much damage to the card itself. Like a razer blade along the edge and slide the inside card out without damaging the card inside?
Update :
Photobuckett now works

[Image: ian.jpg]

RE: my delima card help - the cardboard fan - 07-28-2012

If it is #'ed to 50 chances are the inner card is not something too huge anyways so if your a purest leave it be if not rip that bad boy open

RE: my delima card help - waynetalger - 07-28-2012

(07-28-2012, 11:52 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: If it is #'ed to 50 chances are the inner card is not something too huge anyways so if your a purest leave it be if not rip that bad boy open

Thanks CBF
It could be an exclusive mini paralell, 1/1 mini wood, red mini auto,1/1 sketch card, or a rip card reserve. Got a bright light on it right now trying to dee if it maybe worth opening but everything I am trying is failing here. LOL
Photobuckett is not working for me right now so I can show a scan

RE: my delima card help - beatles guy - 07-28-2012

I read on another forum that someone ripped a Mike Trout and got a 1/1 Maris sketch card.

RE: my delima card help - waynetalger - 07-28-2012

(07-28-2012, 11:57 PM)beatles guy Wrote: I read on another forum that someone ripped a Mike Trout and got a 1/1 Maris sketch card.

Man thats a heck of a chance and a heck of an upgrade too. Lucky for him it wasnt a bust. I would be in a worse shape because I collect rookies as well

RE: my delima card help - bigguy219 - 07-29-2012

Wayne. You've always struck me as a nice guy, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this.

It could be all the chocolate Twizzlers I ate during the Olympics, but I'm not seeing any mojo here.

Don't rip it. Keep your man intact. At least you don't have to worry about someone else buying and letting you know what's in it.

RE: my delima card help - waynetalger - 07-29-2012

(07-29-2012, 12:00 AM)bigguy219 Wrote: Wayne. You've always struck me as a nice guy, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this.

It could be all the chocolate Twizzlers I ate during the Olympics, but I'm not seeing any mojo here.

Don't rip it. Keep your man intact. At least you don't have to worry about someone else buying and letting you know what's in it.

Thanks Bigguy

RE: my delima card help - beatles guy - 07-29-2012

I hate gimmicks like this, one of the many reasons I got out of modern. One day we will look back and see how stupid this was, like cards in a can Smile

RE: my delima card help - elberson - 07-29-2012

Just rip it............take a shot with a razor

RE: my delima card help - krn001 - 07-29-2012

(07-28-2012, 11:48 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I pulled a Ian Kinsler rip card. Now I am a Rangers collector and he playing for the Rangers and the card is 20/50
Is there a way to take the card out from inside the card itself without too much damage to the card itself. Like a razer blade along the edge and slide the inside card out without damaging the card inside?

Not being familiar i quickly read up on them. Apparently the inner card has something to shield it from seeing it w/out ripping it. Don't know what i would do. If theres a BV on the current card whats the odds of pulling an equal or greater value card? Some will say to leave it & others may suggest ripping it.