Beckett Message Boards
2012 A&G Hobby HIT and Topps Jumbo...WTF??? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: 2012 A&G Hobby HIT and Topps Jumbo...WTF??? (/thread-1508527.html)

2012 A&G Hobby HIT and Topps Jumbo...WTF??? - stevecurren - 07-28-2012 10:18 AM

A little backstory first...

So I played a little hooky yesterday from work to play a round of golf in the morning. My son and buddy picked my up a new Callaway driver and a Nike 56 degree Wedge for my birthday last weekend and I was dying to try them out. Ended up shooting my best round ever (not saying much for me) so I thought I would reward my self with a few boxes. I haven't busted much lately - trying to save for a family trip (for 8) to Hawaii in December...

Soooooooooooo.....I picked up boxes of A&G and Topps since I always build the sets. Here's the hits:

A&G (all for trade)

Pujols N43 Topper
Bourn Jersey
Russell Martin Jersey
Ryan Dempster Magenter Printing Plate 1/1!!!
Brandon Beachy Mini #d 24/25!!!
[Image: 002-2.jpg]

for the Topps, I'm only going to show one of the most "odd/interesting" cards I've ever pulled:

[Image: scan0002-5.jpg]

A Ricky Romero GU card...without the GU swatch. I sent Topps an email and they replied instructing me to call customer service during normal business hours to resolve it...

Thanks for the look...

RE: 2012 A&G Hobby HIT and Topps Jumbo...WTF??? - clintorris - 07-28-2012 10:24 AM

check me for the bourn relic and the beachy mini

Open offer sent

RE: 2012 A&G Hobby HIT and Topps Jumbo...WTF??? - magneto2 - 07-28-2012 11:57 AM

Nice break! Did you get any auto's in the Jumbo?

RE: 2012 A&G Hobby HIT and Topps Jumbo...WTF??? - bazooka joe - 07-28-2012 12:54 PM

Do they really still have Russell Martin pictured in a Dodgers uniform? C'mon Topps...

RE: 2012 A&G Hobby HIT and Topps Jumbo...WTF??? - mikeschlueter783 - 07-28-2012 04:49 PM

I'd keep the mistake GU. Very cool!

If it were a ruth Id scream - but I'd keep that one!

RE: 2012 A&G Hobby HIT and Topps Jumbo...WTF??? - emilydan - 07-29-2012 08:11 AM

That's funny. I had the same thing happen to me - A few years ago, I bought a hobby box of Topps Heritage and my only "hit" was a game-used card with NO swatch - to add insult to injury it was of Dmitry Young! Anyway, I sent it back to Topps and they replaced it. I probably should have kept the one without the swatch - it would have been an interesting oddball card in my collection!