Beckett Message Boards
Lucky Redemption Help - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Lucky Redemption Help (/thread-1507984.html)

Pages: 1 2

Lucky Redemption Help - JamesMichael32 - 07-23-2012

I bought a box of 2012 Bowman over the weekend and pulled a Lucky Redemption #2 for Bryce Harper. I really don't know what I should do with it, redeem or sell that is. I see people listing the redemption cards for $400-$500 on eBay. I'm leaning towards getting the card though; I wouldn't mind having a Bryce Harper auto, plus I'd hate for it to be worth more in a few years. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

RE: Lucky Redemption Help - aktlingit - 07-23-2012

(07-23-2012, 06:21 PM)JamesMichael32 Wrote: I bought a box of 2012 Bowman over the weekend and pulled a Lucky Redemption #2 for Bryce Harper. I really don't know what I should do with it, redeem or sell that is. I see people listing the redemption cards for $400-$500 on eBay. I'm leaning towards getting the card though; I wouldn't mind having a Bryce Harper auto, plus I'd hate for it to be worth more in a few years. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

I personally would get the card. I'd want to see it in person Smile

RE: Lucky Redemption Help - iconms - 07-23-2012

I would sell it for about $500 while you still can. And then since you want a Harper auto I'd buy a Bowman Chrome one (maybe a 9.5) and pocket the difference. These redemption type cards always cool off and when all is said and done Bowman Chrome AUs will be the most sought after. They don't say "Chrome is King" for nothin haha

RE: Lucky Redemption Help - JamesMichael32 - 07-27-2012

I think I'm going to redeem it, but does anyone know if it is a sticker auto or on card? That might change my mind.

RE: Lucky Redemption Help - mpc2876 - 07-27-2012

+1

(07-23-2012, 09:10 PM)iconms Wrote: I would sell it for about $500 while you still can. And then since you want a Harper auto I'd buy a Bowman Chrome one (maybe a 9.5) and pocket the difference. These redemption type cards always cool off and when all is said and done Bowman Chrome AUs will be the most sought after. They don't say "Chrome is King" for nothin haha

RE: Lucky Redemption Help - bonds20001 - 07-28-2012

Question.....looking through eBay I do not see a redeemed card appearing.
2 are selling the redeemed lucky redemption card..but not the real redeemed card..I do not see anyone selling an unredeemed redemption card either..

Lets see..Bowman 2012 released a while ago...no redeemed cards returned??
What if the card is never signed or something?? I really want to see if the card has been returned before sending in info..otherwise..sell the unredeemed redemption card.
It would be awful if after a year Topps said..sorry we will send you something else..

RE: Lucky Redemption Help - JamesMichael32 - 07-28-2012

(07-28-2012, 07:07 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Question.....looking through eBay I do not see a redeemed card appearing.
2 are selling the redeemed lucky redemption card..but not the real redeemed card..I do not see anyone selling an unredeemed redemption card either..

Lets see..Bowman 2012 released a while ago...no redeemed cards returned??
What if the card is never signed or something?? I really want to see if the card has been returned before sending in info..otherwise..sell the unredeemed redemption card.
It would be awful if after a year Topps said..sorry we will send you something else..

Shoot I never even thought of that. Yeah, a chrome auto may be the better way to go, or I may just use the money for other PC cards or a case...

RE: Lucky Redemption Help - 75toppsfan - 07-28-2012

All I can say is...........congrats on a great pull!!!Big Grin

RE: Lucky Redemption Help - JamesMichael32 - 07-28-2012

(07-28-2012, 04:52 PM)75toppsfan Wrote: All I can say is...........congrats on a great pull!!!Big Grin

Haha thank you!

RE: Lucky Redemption Help - 75toppsfan - 07-29-2012

(07-28-2012, 10:41 PM)JamesMichael32 Wrote: Haha thank you!

Your welcome dude!! I'm not one to tell people what to do with their cards much.You know....buy,sell,trade, rip it, dont rip!! I do once in a while thought. I'm just more excited to see everyone pull the big ones then anything else!!Smile