Beckett Message Boards
OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates (/thread-1507930.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - stera8 - 07-23-2012

After yesterdays ceremony with Larkin and Santo we begin next year a period of time with steroids. Here are the first year candidates for 2013 class

2013: Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Craig Biggio, Curt Schilling, Sammy Sosa, Mike Piazza, Kenny Lofton, David Wells, Julio Franco, Shawn Green, Steve Finley, Roberto Hernandez, Jeff Cirillo, Jose Valentin, Reggie Sanders, Jeff Conine, Jose Mesa, Royce Clayton, Bob Wickman, Ryan Klesko, Aaron Sele, Woody Williams, Rondell White, Mike Lieberthal, Tony Batista, Mike Stanton, Sandy Alomar Jr., Damian Miller, Todd Walker

Who do you believe will get in?

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - 86champs - 07-23-2012

I'm going with Piazza for sure Smile

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - RobbinsDynasty - 07-23-2012

If any of these make it I would say Piazza. Most won't even make the cut off mark.

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - rossmaute - 07-23-2012

Biggio's the only one I'd have confidence in making it for sure. Piazza and Bonds are definitely worthy but I dunno if they'll get the votes from the writers, which is really stupid.

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - zaccheus85 - 07-23-2012

(07-23-2012, 08:33 AM)stera8 Wrote: After yesterdays ceremony with Larkin and Santo we begin next year a period of time with steroids. Here are the first year candidates for 2013 class

2013: Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Craig Biggio, Curt Schilling, Sammy Sosa, Mike Piazza, Kenny Lofton, David Wells, Julio Franco, Shawn Green, Steve Finley, Roberto Hernandez, Jeff Cirillo, Jose Valentin, Reggie Sanders, Jeff Conine, Jose Mesa, Royce Clayton, Bob Wickman, Ryan Klesko, Aaron Sele, Woody Williams, Rondell White, Mike Lieberthal, Tony Batista, Mike Stanton, Sandy Alomar Jr., Damian Miller, Todd Walker

Who do you believe will get in?

Piazza is the only one I see having a chance next year. I would love to see Biggio get it, but I doubt he does first ballot. Schilling might, but I am not certain he does.

I don't know that any of these guys make it past the cut-off mark at all. David Wells, Julio Franco, Shawn Green, Steve Finley, Roberto Hernandez, Jeff Cirillo, Jose Valentin, Reggie Sanders, Jeff Conine, Jose Mesa, Royce Clayton, Bob Wickman, Ryan Klesko, Aaron Sele, Woody Williams, Rondell White, Mike Lieberthal, Tony Batista, Mike Stanton, Sandy Alomar Jr., Damian Miller, Todd Walker

Bonds, Clemens, and Sosa...well, we all know what is in their way.

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - krykslr - 07-23-2012

Schilling has the reputation of being clean.....has even called for all 104 names of those who tested positive in 2003 to be made public. I would say if someone's demanding to have the names of users publicized then he's probably a clean player.

I think Schilling and maybe Piazza.....and I think Lofton will get in, but not on the first ballot.

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - Cashbail - 07-23-2012

Bonds, Clemens, and Piazza all deserve to go in on the first ballot. But they won't. Bonds and Clemens might never get in. voters don't get how ridiculous it is to have a Hall of Fame minus some of the greatest hitters and pitchers ever to play the game.

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - djohn - 07-23-2012

Piazza and Biggio will get close, but I actually think NO ONE will get enough votes. It might finally be the year Jack Morris gets in. It would be cool though if both Biggio and Bagwell made it into the HOF in the same year.

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - zeprock - 07-23-2012

Bonds and Clemens were automatic first ballot guys until they shamed the game. I don't think either will go in first ballot now. Piazza and Biggio are both worthy but I don't know if they'll go first ballot either. I don't know if Sosa will ever make it because he also shamed the game although I never considered him a first ballot guy either. Schilling will probably go in although I don't think he's entirely worthy. He had a few good years over a long career that saw him pile up statistics. His first few years he didn't take the game seriously and it wasn't until he ended up in Arizona that he really started to get it together.

My guess is none of these guys go first ballot.

RE: OT: 2013 Hall of Fame candidates - jacobystealshome - 07-23-2012

biggio, maybe. bonds will get in eventually, but no way he does first year. clemens might get in eventually - though i dont think so.

piazza, if enough folks dont hold rumors to be true, might get in.

biggio should, but i dont think a lot of writers respect his numbers

if i were putting money on this:
Piazza gets in with 77% of the vte
Biggio just outside at 68%

schilling will never make the hall of fame - love the big lug, but his numbers dont deserve it. if he gets in, it will take a while

that being said: some fo the guys that are eligible that have been waiting might in this year
maybe this is the year jack morris gets in, or bagwell, tim raines, lee smith, trammel, edgar martinez....