Beckett Message Boards
Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks (/thread-1507129.html)

Pages: 1 2

Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - sky20t - 07-15-2012

Now that Lin is a possible player for the Houston Rocket, and NY decides to take Kidd and Felton as their Guard. So for the next 10 years, Who do you think will will be the first to win a championship when it all said and done?

I think it could be Lin if he ever decide to join a favorite contender when he done playing for Houston only if they aren't that good.

RE: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - quavis - 07-15-2012

The knicks because lin will be retired before either happens. Gonna be a long time before either happens.

RE: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - nickm1123 - 07-16-2012

(07-15-2012, 11:57 PM)quavis Wrote: The knicks because lin will be retired before either happens. Gonna be a long time before either happens.

Haha +1! When I read the title this was my first thought but you beat me to it.

RE: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - farnam14 - 07-16-2012

Yeah...I'm a diehard Rockets fan, and I've been following this offseason pretty intensely (including massive amounts of dwight-o-rama), and though I feel like we may be making some bigger moves, I cannot even consider Houston a legitimate contending team for the next couple of years, mostly cause of the unfortunate injury setbacks of Yao and McGrady...

But I can reminisce of the pre injury days of how freaky good we could've been (although the vid doesn't include T-mac cause he was injured that game lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtozD85NnTs

EDIT:

Oh yeah it's also worth noting...

HELLLLOOOOO Chinese Rockets Fans,
glad to see you guys on our wagon again!

RE: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - rjcj2017 - 07-16-2012

If Houston can somehow get Howard and Lin together that would be interesting, but I don't know if it would be title-worthy ...

I mean, I like Lin as much as the next guy, but if you take the "Linsanity" out of it, he's still a guy that averaged 14 points and 6 assists in less than half a season's worth of games — and Felton's numbers with the Knicks were actually quite better.

Plus, he's coming off knee surgery, and that affects different players in different ways.

Still, I definitely could see him flourishing with Howard, but even assuming they got him, how much would they have to give up to get him?

So best case scenario it might be Lin, Howard and 10 NBDL guys on the roster.

RE: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - mickey7mantle7 - 07-16-2012

Hopefully neither. Lin is over rated and i hate the knicks.

RE: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - farnam14 - 07-16-2012

I for one would much rather be interested in a 3 way deal with LA, land Bynum in Hou, get rid of Kevin Martin, play with the rookies/youngsters we have left after the (potential) deals, and compete/rebuild from there.

I'm tired of this Dwight bull crap, tho there are some funny tweets that may redeem him (as well as lower his value to any team)

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23349-the-dwight-howard-drama-unfolds/page__st__4812

I believe its bologna tho

But what do I know, I'm just sum freakin guy

RE: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - natebuzzadams2 - 07-17-2012

im not a lin "hater" like people jump to believe. but the fact of the matter is that the knicks screwed themselves by saying they would match anything and not offering him a deal at the start of the offseason, but it was also kind of shady how lin went back to houston and had them balloon the contract in the third year to luxury tax the knicks to death if they sign him. he isn't a scrub, but he is overrated. he hasn't proved near enough to be worth 25 million dollars over 3 years. the last year he will be making almost as much as lebron is in miami. no way he's worth that much. he let the fame get to his head, and actually believes he is as good as the die hard "lin does no wrong and is the asian jesus". He believed that he should take the last shot over melo, amare, smith, and everyone else. all because of one game winner he deserves it more than the person who is in the top two in game winners in the last decade at a lot better percentage than kobe?

financially, he is worth the luxury tax for the fact that the fan base worldwide he would bring with him. they would make the money to pay the tax back fromthe stuff off the court. but on court, player wise, felton and kidd would be better options when you think of the "bang for your buck" aspect of it. they will pay them both for the price of each year of lin's contract almost. especially in year three.

To get back to the subject though. The rockets i dont see winning a title in the next ten years. And as big of a melo fan as i am, the knicks will live and die by him. If by some miracle, he listens to woodsen, and pulls his head out of his arse and makes the effort to play to his talent and become the all around player that he COULD be if he tried night in and night out, both offense and defense, and passing the ball when he's having a night off, then they have a shot. not a great shot, but a shot. so i think that if either happen. it'll be the knicks. but sadly, both are huge long shots. lol

RE: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - sky20t - 07-17-2012

What a coincidence? Today day is 7 / 17
Lin former jersey numbers
and isn't it funny that the Knicks decision to keep him or not ends tonite. Kinda feels like the Linsanity decision reality show. lol.
If Lin indeed goes to the Rockets, I think he will put great numbers there because the Rockets don't have as many star player like NY have, but I don't think his team will win enough.

RE: Who win a championship 1st? Lin or the Knicks - Drudkh - 07-17-2012

Lin isn't gonna have the same success he had in NY in my opinion but I don't think the Knicks will do better than a 5th seed and MAYBE make it to the second round if they're lucky.