Beckett Message Boards
so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... (/thread-1502874.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - bravesfanatic1 - 06-11-2012

I had a trade with lolows64. Address in tolleson AZ. Sine he was a new trader I was going to wait to send until I received my end. Good thing

What's the protocol about placing the card I traded him back up for trade? Timeframe?

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - crazyforkinsler5 - 06-11-2012

(06-11-2012, 07:08 PM)bravesfanatic1 Wrote: I had a trade with lolows64. Address in tolleson AZ. Sine he was a new trader I was going to wait to send until I received my end. Good thing

What's the protocol about placing the card I traded him back up for trade? Timeframe?

Yea I am kindo of curious as to that myself. But since he had accepted and marked his end as shipped, I've already taken it out of ORG. I have to completely re-enter it. But what is the standard and should I be somewhat optimistic that he marked his end as shipped before he got banned?

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - TlionsFan - 06-11-2012

(06-11-2012, 05:53 PM)jnorlund32 Wrote: The address I sent to for Chevy123 is in Tolleson, AZ. I have no problem notifying the police and USPS. I already have a "stolen merchandise" craigslist ad posted. Can someone confirm who has the oldest trade with him and how long ago he was supposed to send?

Mine was accepted on the 5th with lolows64, Sent to Tolleson, AZ. Haven't a word from him.

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - cardsfest - 06-11-2012

I would give it a week or so and put them back in to your organize. He supposedly shipped my end on the 1st its the 11th now, I have re entered my cards back in my organize.

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - th3coroner - 06-11-2012

should I be somewhat optimistic that he marked his end as shipped before he got banned?
[/quote]

lol. the glass broke on the floor, highly doubt your getting your end. but hey, if you got a straw. just curious, how long did it take for him to mark as shipped? how long have u been waiting?

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - crazyforkinsler5 - 06-11-2012

He marked the item shipped the next day. That was Tuesday. I checked today and there was nothing. But it usually takes 4 days since we live in a small town out in the middleof nowhere.

I have NOT mailed his end yet. He only had 3 trades (all positives) when I accepted the trade with him. So I decided I would wait until I received his end before shipping. It is still packaged up and waiting to be mailed.

I will wait until the end of this week to put the cards back in my ORG. It wasn't anything big, just a bunch of $10-$20 inserts of guys like Barry Sanders, John Elway, Dan Marino, etc. and a Willie McCovey JSY card.

So I am not out anything as of yet.

(06-11-2012, 07:30 PM)th3coroner Wrote: should I be somewhat optimistic that he marked his end as shipped before he got banned?

lol. the glass broke on the floor, highly doubt your getting your end. but hey, if you got a straw. just curious, how long did it take for him to mark as shipped? how long have u been waiting?
[/quote]

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - th3coroner - 06-11-2012

(06-11-2012, 07:42 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: He marked the item shipped the next day. That was Tuesday. I checked today and there was nothing. But it usually takes 4 days since we live in a small town out in the middleof nowhere.

I have NOT mailed his end yet. He only had 3 trades (all positives) when I accepted the trade with him. So I decided I would wait until I received his end before shipping. It is still packaged up and waiting to be mailed.

I will wait until the end of this week to put the cards back in my ORG. It wasn't anything big, just a bunch of $10-$20 inserts of guys like Barry Sanders, John Elway, Dan Marino, etc. and a Willie McCovey JSY card.

So I am not out anything as of yet.

[/quote]
nice. im glad to see almost every1 save their cards. it would be pretty awesome if he did send though. what if he did. you would have to do th ehonest thing and send to him lol??

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - crazyforkinsler5 - 06-13-2012

It has been 10 days since Dodger1 marked his end as shipped. Even way out in the middle of nowhere where it takes 3-4 days to get here when it takes 2-3 days normally, that's more than long enough.

I am going to be uploading all those cards back into my ORG as I deleted them after the trade went down. I guess I have learned my lesson to keep them in my ORG until I get my end and everything is okay.

What is the protocol for leaving feedback? Is it okay to leave a negative? Or do I just leave it alone and not mark anything? Thanks.

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - th3coroner - 06-13-2012

(06-13-2012, 08:53 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: It has been 10 days since Dodger1 marked his end as shipped. Even way out in the middle of nowhere where it takes 3-4 days to get here when it takes 2-3 days normally, that's more than long enough.

I am going to be uploading all those cards back into my ORG as I deleted them after the trade went down. I guess I have learned my lesson to keep them in my ORG until I get my end and everything is okay.

What is the protocol for leaving feedback? Is it okay to leave a negative? Or do I just leave it alone and not mark anything? Thanks.

i left a negitive feedback.....that's what he gets for cheating people out of cards...

RE: so i think i got screwed by a trader. dont send yet if your sending to..... - joe callahan13 - 06-19-2012

You can leave a neg, but he's banned, so it won't really matter. Just make sure you check the list if you are trading with someone without many trades. (And preferably work it out so they are sending first)