Beckett Message Boards
Confused about item and description. - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Confused about item and description. (/thread-1502633.html)

Confused about item and description. - xstreaminsanity - 06-07-2012

So someone is selling a box of cards on eBay, but their description says:

eBay description Wrote:<div style="text-align:center;">
2011 - 2012 PAST & PRESENT BASKETBALL SEALED HOBBY BOX

NM/MNT

ALL CARDS ARE PUT DIRECTLY INTO A PLASTIC SLEEVE AND THEN A CARD PROTECTOR TO INSURE ITS PACK CONDITION. THEY ARE THEN PUT INTO A BUBBLE MAILER BEFORE SHIPPING.
</div>

They have other boxes listed as buy it now (for pretty decent prices, may pick them up), but this one is an auction starting at $0.99. The boxes that are BIN have the same description. Just someone using a template, or is this sketchy? I'm leaning towards not sketchy, but would like your opinions. Thanks.

RE: Confused about item and description. - bbills1999 - 06-07-2012

Email the Seller to clarify if he busted the box or not.

The Disclaimer could just be a Generic one he puts on all his auctions

RE: Confused about item and description. - xstreaminsanity - 06-07-2012

(06-07-2012, 11:29 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Email the Seller to clarify if he busted the box or not.

The Disclaimer could just be a Generic one he puts on all his auctions

Oh yeah, I emailed them, but figured I'd ask everyone here as well. Smile

RE: Confused about item and description. - xstreaminsanity - 06-08-2012

Ok, so the person responded and they said that they are selling the sealed box, that the description was from a template. Now here's more confusion on my part in terms of bidding/buying his boxes.

If I'm lucky, I COULD potentially pick up 3 boxes from him for MAYBE $215 (if I'm lucky - two boxes with a BIN of $165 and another at auction starting at $0.99, going to try and stay around $50). This seller has sold individual items from Past & Present, which made me start to wonder. Is this a case breaker who got the case hit and is selling the rest of the boxes? I mean, I still want the set, would love to bust some hobby boxes, and could get a couple things for trade/sale. And IF I got it for $215, that isn't bad for three boxes, or even $165 for two.

So what's your take? If you want the eBay username, PM me. They have around 2000+ feedback, so that kind of makes me think they aren't a shop owner, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the help guys.

RE: Confused about item and description. - leadmetogreatness - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 10:30 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Ok, so the person responded and they said that they are selling the sealed box, that the description was from a template. Now here's more confusion on my part in terms of bidding/buying his boxes.

If I'm lucky, I COULD potentially pick up 3 boxes from him for MAYBE $215 (if I'm lucky - two boxes with a BIN of $165 and another at auction starting at $0.99, going to try and stay around $50). This seller has sold individual items from Past & Present, which made me start to wonder. Is this a case breaker who got the case hit and is selling the rest of the boxes? I mean, I still want the set, would love to bust some hobby boxes, and could get a couple things for trade/sale. And IF I got it for $215, that isn't bad for three boxes, or even $165 for two.

So what's your take? If you want the eBay username, PM me. They have around 2000+ feedback, so that kind of makes me think they aren't a shop owner, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the help guys.

He has a total of 9 boxes listed in different auctions, I think there is 12 boxes to a case. So hope this helps, either way you'd get some nice stuff ft/pc/sale. I claim any celtics unless I have them already.

RE: Confused about item and description. - xstreaminsanity - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 11:19 AM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: He has a total of 9 boxes listed in different auctions, I think there is 12 boxes to a case. So hope this helps, either way you'd get some nice stuff ft/pc/sale. I claim any celtics unless I have them already.

lol. You and Justin. I'll have to divide them up. By the way, when you get a chance, respond to the PM I sent you last night. Thanks.

RE: Confused about item and description. - bbills1999 - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 11:19 AM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: He has a total of 9 boxes listed in different auctions, I think there is 12 boxes to a case. So hope this helps, either way you'd get some nice stuff ft/pc/sale. I claim any celtics unless I have them already.

Hey Hey hey get in line Mister. Wink
(06-08-2012, 11:49 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: Hey Hey hey get in line Mister. Wink

lucky for you i picked up alot of the Celtics Inserts in auctions last night

RE: Confused about item and description. - leadmetogreatness - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 11:49 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: Hey Hey hey get in line Mister. Wink

lucky for you i picked up alot of the Celtics Inserts in auctions last night

yeah I have some too got them as a freebee package.

RE: Confused about item and description. - jpleazme805 - 06-09-2012

If you can get the Past & Present box for $50 or less, it's a good deal, even if the case hit was already pulled...

I am against buying new boxes online, because sellers could of already pulled the case hit & decided to sell off the remaining boxes... Even if the person has only 4 of 12 boxes up for auction, they might have multiple ebay profiles or sell a few under a friend's user ID... I seen it happen once before.

The one time I seen it was last year & it was a shop owner that was pulling the fast one... guy had a 3 box case, posted a scan of all three boxes, with serial numbers shown.. but only had one auction up, while a buddy, from same town had another auction up for the same box.. serial number showing... the third box was opened & case hit was pulled & thrown up on for auction by the person that posted a pic of all three boxes.

Not to say that big sellers do the same thing, but they could... but I would think they would have more respect for their customers & make tons of money, so there is no need to look for the case hits, then sell the rest off.. it's almost to the verge of fraud if big sellers tried to do that to their collectors.. collecting sports cards would die out, if the average collector couldn't pull case hits..