Beckett Message Boards
Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! (/thread-1501851.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - kata78 - 06-01-2012

Yes!!!
As a Mets fan I was pacing and biting my nails. Never thought this day would come Smile

RE: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - slufan83 - 06-01-2012

Need an asterisk by that one...any other ump and that bad foul ball call is a double. Sad that another good pitching performance is tainted with bad calls by an ump. The guy had to be blind to not see chalk fly up.

RE: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - kata78 - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 08:54 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Need an asterisk by that one...any other ump and that bad foul ball call is a double. Sad that another good pitching performance is tainted with bad calls by an ump. The guy had to be blind to not see chalk fly up.

Yeah I know Smile Kinda like Armado's game.....But hey as a Mets fan, I will take it.

RE: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - mnc99 - 06-01-2012

Congrats Johan!!

RE: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - gherkin1496 - 06-01-2012

no asterisk. i swear, if anyone tries to tell me about how it wasn't real blah blah blah. no one is going to take this from me

RE: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - mgruber2 - 06-01-2012

Congrats to Johan and the Mets!

RE: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - bgt masters of tikid - 06-01-2012

It was nice to actually tune in to watch and not feel like a jinx. I almost didn't but figured sooner or later they'd get one and I'd hate to miss seeing it.

RE: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - slufan83 - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 09:01 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: no asterisk. i swear, if anyone tries to tell me about how it wasn't real blah blah blah. no one is going to take this from me

Don't get me wrong, I think he pitched a good game....to go out and throw 130+ pitches takes some grit. I'm just saying if any other ump was out there, Beltran had a double, and who knows how the game would have gone after that. Matheny argued the call when the following batter was up...the ball mark was clearly in the middle of the line and the umpire continued to maintain his stupidity. The only reason Matheny or Oquendo did't get booted was because the ump already knew he blew the call.

RE: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - kata78 - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 09:01 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: no one is going to take this from me

YES Smile

RE: Way to go Johan!! Lets Go Mets!!!! - krn001 - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 08:54 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Need an asterisk by that one...any other ump and that bad foul ball call is a double. Sad that another good pitching performance is tainted with bad calls by an ump. The guy had to be blind to not see chalk fly up.

Beltran didn't even take 1 step towards 1st base... clean no hitter in my book, this comining from a Yankee fan. Congrats "NO-HAN" Johan